• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CDM invalid fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
I have a CDM codeplug giving me these two invalid fields
1634041011381.png
When I click on them, it gives me this
1634041035510.png

so, any idea what these might be so I can correct them?
Or am I screwed and have to start again where I started yesterday?

crazyboy

Any chance you tried saving it, completely closing cps, and then reopening it?

K2NEC

I had a problem like that and I had no idea what was wrong. I ended up closing the codeplug and starting over. That fixed it IIRC.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
I had a problem like that and I had no idea what was wrong. I ended up closing the codeplug and starting over. That fixed it IIRC.
that's what I ended up doing too, luckily this was a modification to an existing codeplug, not writing one from scratch.
I tried to replicate the problem, and it seemed to appear when I deleted an un-used MDC system, however every personality, and every MDC Call, had the other MDC system selected, I couldnt find any other place for it to be selected, and of course the CPS was no help, just gave me that error when I clicked on it.
I guess it wont be harmful to leave the other MDC system there, it was in the radios when I first read them from whoever wrote the codeplug before me, and it shall live on

K2NEC

A few months ago I had a problem with "ghost invalid fields", where I attempted to write a radio but was unable to because of invalid fields. When I went to go see what the invalid fields were, there were none that showed up. Never understood why that happened.

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
It happens when you delete a signaling system before removing the system from the personality

mikegilbert

MHz so good
If you've copied and pasted cells from a spreadsheet, there are invisible characters which need to be deleted. They'll show invalid, but won't tell you where. I learned that the hard way after completing a MASSIVE codeplug.

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
It happens when you delete a signaling system before removing the system from the personality
Even if I change every personality TX and RX to MDC-2, and every MDC Call to system 2, it still gives me this when I delete system 1.
I'll just leave it there and live with it I guess, I was just trying to tidy up the codeplug a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.