cecil county md

Status
Not open for further replies.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Perhaps a failure? Adjustments to make it a backup system?
Could have been a failure or even planned?. Only thing active since it's resurrection is TG 4239 EMRC Call Patch. No Law Enforcement Patches.

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
It came back a day after my last post. Yes, only one TG with one RID (a Patch) is active. Just didn't think anybody was listening or cared so I stopped reporting the updates... They probably keep that one on just so they can hear something and be sure the system is still in operation.. :whistle: But it's still on. Just nothing worth listening too.. I guess they're keeping it as a backup.. for now.. Haven't heard a single thing beyond the patch since..

maus92

Premium Subscriber
It came back a day after my last post. Yes, only one TG with one RID (a Patch) is active. Just didn't think anybody was listening or cared so I stopped reporting the updates... They probably keep that one on just so they can hear something and be sure the system is still in operation.. :whistle: But it's still on. Just nothing worth listening too.. I guess they're keeping it as a backup.. for now.. Haven't heard a single thing beyond the patch since..
It needs to be on the air to keep the frequencies.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Everything including pagers are now on the new 700/800 system.
The old 155 pager freq is done.. Good news for me also not having that Edacs digital 155 VHF system jamming
Marine band freqs.. :)

Last edited:

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
:LOL: And it's off again, maybe for good. :unsure:
Just noticed the CC is off, not sure when it happened. Maybe for good this time.. It was silent traffic wise for quite a while, even the patch that remained has been silent for several months despite the cc staying on.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
BTW Cecil Fire company friend says their old low band VHF G-1 pagers are up for sale.
They don't know what to do with I think 13 old G-1 pagers.Not sure what they are worth.
Any ideas?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
BTW Cecil Fire company friend says their old low band VHF G-1 pagers are up for sale.
They don't know what to do with I think 13 old G-1 pagers.Not sure what they are worth.
Any ideas?
I see one for sale on eBay, $100/OBO. No takers so far.

chrishoerner

KC3KSJ
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if all vhf equipment is gone? Is it safe to delete the conventional talk around channels, not that ive ever heard traffic anyway. Elkton police also has a backup listed in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.