??? Cedar Rapids????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffvk0063

Premium Subscriber
I've got Cedar Rapids programed in; done directly from RR with data cable. I hear CR broadcast every so often, I hear them tonight 01-28/29-12, I might hear them till late night 29/30 till I drop off to sleep, I'll get up monday and nothing, not a peep. Then on wend. I'll hear them again. I dont know whats going on. Ive counted the master/lower freq's seem to have right # ... confused

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
t sounds like you may not have all the control channels programmed in.
Make sure all the red and/or blue frequencies are programmed. Some systems change control channels every 24 hours. This would explain the on-again, off-again.

ffvk0063

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, both are good points. First point, I appear to have all 17 Control Channels listed. Second point, when I do hear CR, it comes in crystal clear. Linn and Marion come in scratchier on Conv Freq

DickH

Thank you, both are good points. First point, I appear to have all 17 Control Channels listed. Second point, when I do hear CR, it comes in crystal clear. Linn and Marion come in scratchier on Conv Freq

I can't imagine where you are finding 17 control channels for Cedar Rapids. Cedar Rapids North site lists only 1 control channel. Cedar Rapids South site lists only 2 control channels.
My guess is you do not have the freqs. in the correct channels in your scanner, as defined by the LCN (Logical Channel Number). For example, the South site only has freqs. in channels 2,3 6 and 15.

fireside

Premium Subscriber
I can't imagine where you are finding 17 control channels for Cedar Rapids. Cedar Rapids North site lists only 1 control channel. Cedar Rapids South site lists only 2 control channels.
My guess is you do not have the freqs. in the correct channels in your scanner, as defined by the LCN (Logical Channel Number). For example, the South site only has freqs. in channels 2,3 6 and 15.

Wrong system DickH, this one Cedar Rapids Trunking System, Cedar Rapids, Iowa - Scanner Frequencies

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
Oh, I see. Thanks. There are 17 FREQS., only 3 control channels there. It would be nice if people learned the correct terminology.

That seems a little excessive since 95% of scanner listeners have no interest in HOW the system works, just what is being said on it.

ffvk0063

Premium Subscriber
Yes my fault in terminology, I do have all 17 freq's entered in; when I first entered the data into the scanner by data cable, I only saw the 3 freq's ( the cntrl chnnls). When i wasnt picking anything up and seeing on RR there were 17 total I entered the rest by hand, realizing the original 3 are control channels. I still have no clue why I hear CR crystal clear on some days and hear nothing on other days. Unless, with the switching they might do with the Cntrl Chnls it might feed/ping off a tower directed south east on those days it's on that specific control channel. The other two may feed off other towers too for North for me to hear in West Branch-Iowa City area.

Status
Not open for further replies.