Central MARCS OSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Day All!

I was looking on Overstock.com and see the have a PRO-2096 for $196. I was wondering if anyone is using this scanner or the Pro96 for Central Ohio MARCS OSP. Here is my situation - I have a choice of a $100 gift card for Overstock or Amazon. So I was thinking of getting the PRO2096, on the other hand, I was also thinking of getting the Uniden 996XT from Amazon. This is all the scanner will be used for.

Thanks in advance,

Steven

Bucko

I have both and both do well with the MARCS towers that I monitor. The 996XT has some more goodies like NAC support, iCalls, Unit ID and storage/ freq capacity etc.The 2096 is GRE built and has selectivity issues but does very well with MARCS. So if basic listening to MARCS is all want then the 2096 should do fine. If the extra money is not a big problem then I would go with the 996.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
You won't be dissapointed with the PRO-2096. It was Radioshack's (GRE) first digital scanner, and it does it's job well. Also, it's quite heavy for a scanner, it feels more like a commercial grade radio. I owned one in the past and I can tell you it's a solid unit--both physically and in terms of reception.

Status
Not open for further replies.