Certain frequency not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

klutch2287

I’m trying to listen to our public works dept and the freq channel just hums. What’s wrong? It says the frequency was updated in 2018 so it’s relatively new in my eyes. I’m very new to this also. Help!! Frequency is 150.9950

I’m very new to this also. Help!!
What model is your scanner?

If it's portable, try taking it for a ride in the car to see if the interference is coming from inside the house.

Also, read this thread.

WB9YBM

My first reaction might be that they're using either encryption or it's some kind of data, but that would sound more like a squeal than a hum...

ecps92

Maybe they went DMR
Last time I confirmed them in Analog was 2016
and have not been in the area for sometime to re-verify - not sure [assuming DMR] what you mean by hums

I’m trying to listen to our public works dept and the freq channel just hums. What’s wrong? It says the frequency was updated in 2018 so it’s relatively new in my eyes. I’m very new to this also. Help!! Frequency is 150.9950

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Freq OutFreq InToneCallsignDescriptionCategoryAgency/CountyState
150.99500 82.5 PLKCH951Highway DepartmentSmithfield
Providence County
ProvidenceRI
Have you set the Tone? 82.5 PL or are you using CSQ/Search mode. Assuming that is still correct, and you set the tone, If the "hum" continues after setting the tone then something is definitely up.. Or changed...

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
If that is the Smithfield Highway Department, it is not licensed for anything other that NFM.
That doesn't mean much. I know of a dozen or so radio frequencies using DMR but never updated the emissions designators.

The Scan New England entry Bill posted is the best bet showing the most recent confirmation.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Also try 155.9775 for the heck of it. Newly licensed to the "parks and rec" department, but doesn't mean that the DPW isn't using it as a whole.

cmpsa

Smithfield DPW/Highway Dept. 150.9950 simplex PL 82.5. They are out plowing right now (Sun 2/7 at 5:10pm) and hearing them full scale in Uxbridge, MA, right next door to North Smithfield/Smithfield. So far not a peep on the Smithfield Parks & Rec frequency.

klutch2287

I’m in Dover NH trying to listen to our public works frequency, it does not work ive had my home payroll locked on that channel for 6 hours and radio silence. FREQUENCY IS 150.9950 “, I know nothing about radio frequencies I know how to put in my zip code and let the home patrol do it’s thing! Do I need a different scanner? Any and all help is greatly appreciated

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
OK so you posted in the wrong state, which is where all the confusion is coming from.
I asked the board moderators to move this to New Hampshire and out of Rhode Island.
--
150.9950 is Dover, NH DPW, and they are DMR. You need a DMR capable scanner to hear them.
Your Home Patrol will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.