Changes to Reno County Paging system

Redneck0410

Feed Provider
I have noticed today that Reno County has slightly changed up their paging system... Now, as of the time of this post, units are being paged out on TG 2387, which is, according to the DB, Patrol SGT Tac channel. I will continue to monitor this TG to determine if the paging will stay on that TG or go back to the RN Fire/EMS TG as it had been in the past. Also, from what I can tell, they're possibly using a similar paging system to South Metro Fire in Colorado.

dgruver911

Premium Subscriber
They call it AVD. Automated voice dispatching that they have initiated. One way traffic outgoing Dispatch page only from what I was told.

Redneck0410

Feed Provider
Yeah, that's it. Thanks, Don. I knew there was a name for it, but damned if I could remember what it was. Hope you guys in Harvey County are doing okay. We got the hell knocked out of us here in Hutch. This poor AVD system is getting a major workout.

dgruver911

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, that's it. Thanks, Don. I knew there was a name for it, but damned if I could remember what it was. Hope you guys in Harvey County are doing okay. We got the hell knocked out of us here in Hutch. This poor AVD system is getting a major workout.
We took a beating. Burrton, Halstead and Newton all have considerable tree and structure damage. And chance of a repeat tomorrow....Our call load was 5x normal for about 4 hours Sunday evening. Over 2 dozen busies and we were getting rollover 911 calls from Hutch on top of our own calls.

Redneck0410

Feed Provider
Yeah, it killed Verizon's towers all over Hutch... my cell was down for most of Sunday night and just started working halfway decent about mid-day Monday.