checking nxdn

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrett817

Premium Subscriber
how do you know if nxdn signal is working i have a bcd436 with upgrade activaded yet i have not heard nothing in 2days i am trying to monitor the harlandle school police at 460.0500 ran16 nxdn with no results i checked upgrade its activeded firmware and db is current

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
how do you know if nxdn signal is working i have a bcd436 with upgrade activaded yet i have not heard nothing in 2days i am trying to monitor the harlandle school police at 460.0500 ran16 nxdn with no results i checked upgrade its activeded firmware and db is current
With most, if not all, school districts shut down in Texas to to Covid-19, they may simply not be using the NXDN frequency.

I did a little digging and I think this is what you're looking for-

Shows it's a LTR system.
Look at the notes on the LTR system for the PD's talkgroup. It's noted as a "backup" for NXDN.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

As most schools around the country, if not the world, are closed now there may be little to no traffic depending on the size of the school police force. That could be contributing to the lack of traffic.

UPDATE: @hiegtx sorry to copy you, you posted as I was typing.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
With most, if not all, school districts shut down in Texas to to Covid-19, they may simply not be using the NXDN frequency.

Look at the notes on the LTR system for the PD's talkgroup. It's noted as a "backup" for NXDN.

The system is listed as LTR but in the mode column is says NXDN. Confusing...

Harlandale Independent School District

LTR Standard HISD operates on this trunked system.

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
460.05000 WQKF288 RM 16 RAN HISD PD-1 Harlandale ISD Police Dispatch

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The system is listed as LTR but in the mode column is says NXDN. Confusing...

LTR Standard HISD operates on this trunked system.

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
460.05000 WQKF288 RM 16 RAN HISD PD-1 Harlandale ISD Police Dispatch
The talkgroup on the LTR system, for the HISD PD, is noted as PD Dispatch (NXDN Backup)
I take that to mean that, primarily, they use the NXDN conventional channel, but still can access the specific TGID on the LTR system if, for whatever reason, the NXDN is not available.

But, as already noted, since schools in Texas are currently shut down, the fact that nothing is being heard does not really mean anything in particular. When & if schools reopen, after the Covid-19 danger is passed, or well under control, then at that time it would be more likely that the NXDN channel, and perhaps the LTR system (for other school functions), would be active again.

If the OP wants to try something else, to verify whether or not NXDN is working, then try this business NexEdge ayatem:

Status
Not open for further replies.