Cherokee Co encryption question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynomint

Premium Subscriber
recently got my wife a BCD996P2 - been trying to program it for weeks, I hear analog channels but dead silent on the digital channels. Its now dawning on me after reading through the forums that most things have switched to encrypted around here and I now have a $300 paperweight. Please tell me I'm wrong...

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
According to the database, Cherokee County Sheriff operates on the Cobb Regional Radio System. Law enforcement talkgroups use full time encryption.

Whelen

Premium Subscriber
Cherokee Public Safety is all encrypted. There are many other agencies surrounding you that are not encrypted (for now). Cobb County for example is (for the most part) in the clear. Send me a PM with your contact info and I’d be happy to help you further.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Fwiw, there are other things to monitor other than public safety - railroads, aviation, businesses, public works, etc.

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
recently got my wife a BCD996P2 - been trying to program it for weeks, I hear analog channels but dead silent on the digital channels. Its now dawning on me after reading through the forums that most things have switched to encrypted around here and I now have a $300 paperweight. Please tell me I'm wrong...
looks like you have a very nice paper weight 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.