Chesterfield County New Talkgroups

w4jmy

Premium Subscriber
Two new talk groups for Chesterfield County on PAL800 for Pageland Fire and Pageland Rescue Squad,who have both been analog VHF high band and are now on the system. Dispatch tone outs are simulcasted on the Pageland Fire repeater which is 151.4300 and all traffic is now on PAL800. I sent an update to sys admin but wanted to share it here as well. We have a new site in Pageland that is active but not a big signal level as I don't think the antenna is up on the water tank yet or the site is on low power. This upgrade really helps interoperability with surrounding agencies as well as increasing coverage for the PAL800 system in this area. I have verified these ID's as active.
Pageland Fire ID: 42957
Pageland Rescue: 42970

mrat1234

I believe all of Chesterfield county may be joining pal800 as I have seen almost all Chesterfield county sheriffs deputies carrying a Moto xpr uhf and a variety of Moto apx 6000/7000s. So each deputy is carrying 2 radios. Just look at their facebook pics and you can see. Pageland fire is using apx6000s and pageland rescue is using keenwood viking radios. Also an interesting note is a few pageland police officers have Moto apx next radios.

w4jmy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info mrat. I may be wrong about the Pageland site being on the air. I think I am seeing the Middendorf site with the band opening occasionally. Some days it is a good signal and other days not there at all. There is a new tower that has been up for a year east of Pageland on S.C. 9 near the Airport rd intersection. I noticed this morning that a crane is on site so something else is planned for that site as it has been an empty tower since it was erected. But that may not be Pal800 related since the licensed site is at the Pageland PD. It will be so good to have the Pageland site on the air as it will benefit all the users but us listeners as well. We have been analog here forever and I can remember when everything was on 45.660 mHz.

mrat1234

There is a Pageland site however it’s a receive only tower. My only guess is they may be converting it to a full transmit/recieve site since they have a crane and working on it but this is just a guess. Also I was told by a source that chesterfield county has been thinking of joining pal800 since the time their uhf system went down. Ever since all deputy’s have carried 2 radios. Unknown if they have 800mhz mobiles.