Chesterfield Missouri Police Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpm3

154.875 - PL 103.5. This is the St. Louis County Precinct 6 / Muni-West channel. The Chesterfield units will, I believe, be identified as "5 Charles". Somebody feel free to correct me If I am incorrect.

ElGenio

154.875 - PL 103.5. This is the St. Louis County Precinct 6 / Muni-West channel. The Chesterfield units will, I believe, be identified as "5 Charles". Somebody feel free to correct me If I am incorrect.

I think your correct. From Western St. Charles Co I can here the dispatcher only and they are talking to Charles Units giving them addresses in Chesterfield.

sleible

Yeah I can only here the dispatcher on all st.louis county. If you guys have a solution to were I can here the units too that would be great.

ElGenio

Is it like the Highway Patrol where you can only hear them if your close to the officer?

n0mpd

Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately you won't be able to hear the units because St. Louis County's radio is all simplex and no repeaters.

n0mpd

Premium Subscriber
Yes it's simplex (Point A to Point B) which means they don't use repeaters. In most departments they use repeaters which is why you can hear the officers response. St. Louis County doesn't use repeaters so you can't hear the officers unless you're close to them.

n0mpd

Premium Subscriber
They have repeaters! But Chesterfield is pretty much down in a valley and difficult to hear. They're not on simplex - just in Chesterfield Valley.

Shelley
They are simplex. St. Louis County has never used repeaters. You can tell just by listening to their transmissions. It's hard to hear a county car even when they are a few miles away. I could never understand why they don't use repeaters since the county is pretty big.

shelleys1

Ballwin, MO - We are moving to Austin, TX 1 Mar. 2
Shelley
They are simplex. St. Louis County has never used repeaters. You can tell just by listening to their transmissions. It's hard to hear a county car even when they are a few miles away. I could never understand why they don't use repeaters since the county is pretty big.

Ok, I shouldn't have said they weren't simplex, I apologize! But they ARE on repeaters. The repeaters just do not use input and output on separate frequencies (duplex). There is only one St. Louis County PD channel which has a duplex repeater and it's not (supposed to be) publically listed.

Shelley
K0SHL

Last edited:

shelleys1

Hearing County Cars...

Actually, I can hear County cars quite well - whether I'm at home or in my car. Chesterfield is different - I can hear them if they're not in the valley, but once they head down into the valley, they're difficult to hear. That's been a problem for a long time - nothing new there. There's been discussion for a while about solutions and perhaps, since the radio tax passed, things will change. But I honestly don't know why you can't hear the County cars. What kind of antenna are you using? I've had a lot of luck with a couple of them and less luck with a few others, if you're interested.

But there will always be areas of the County which will be difficult to hear. There are also some munies which may not have as good equipment as the County cars and that could come into play too. But, at least from here, I can pick-up some cars at various times from virtually all seven of the precincts.

Shelley
K0SHL

Last edited:

n0mpd

Premium Subscriber
Actually, I can hear County cars quite well - whether I'm at home or in my car. Chesterfield is different - I can hear them if they're not in the valley, but once they head down into the valley, they're difficult to hear. That's been a problem for a long time - nothing new there. There's been discussion for a while about solutions and perhaps, since the radio tax passed, things will change. But I honestly don't know why you can't hear the County cars. What kind of antenna are you using? I've had a lot of luck with a couple of them and less luck with a few others, if you're interested.

But there will always be areas of the County which will be difficult to hear. There are also some munies which may not have as good equipment as the County cars and that could come into play too. But, at least from here, I can pick-up some cars at various times from virtually all seven of the precincts.

Shelley
K0SHL

It's actually good that you can hear them which makes you lucky. Since you're in Ballwin I'm assuming you listen to the Ballwin Police at 154.785 Now they have a repeater. Note the difference when you listen to them.

shelleys1

It's actually good that you can hear them which makes you lucky. Since you're in Ballwin I'm assuming you listen to the Ballwin Police at 154.785 Now they have a repeater. Note the difference when you listen to them.

I listen to Ballwin some but they're not my first interest in monitoring. Yes, I live here and know what's going on but there are other departments which I prefer to listen to. And I didn't know they had a new repeater - they sound much the same as they always have, to be honest.

I've been monitoring since the early 1970's. First radio was a tunable Rat Shack. LOL I listen to many of the munis in St. Louis County, all of the County precincts and St. Louis City (when I feel like it). I also listen to all of St. Charles County area which I find very interesting - particularly the St. Charles County Sheriff's Dept.

I have some good friends on Chesterfield PD, thus listen to them a lot (on County 5th Pct). As you may already know, St. Louis County patrolled the Chesterfield for many years, before they incorporated in the late '80's and continued for the first year after they did. Then some of the County officers, who had worked the Chesterfield area prior to their incorporation, joined Chesterfield PD when it formed the next year. Chesterfield is a good department, and have also been CALEA accredited since 2003.

I always have at least a couple of radios on at home and one in the car at all times. Been doing that for too many years to count. Radio of choice these days is the 396XT - have one here next to me connected to an Austin Ferret antenna on the roof. Have another in the car that I use with a remote head - connected to an antenna I've used for quite a while and like a lot - the Larson tri-band (NMO-mount). Get great reception from both antennas, but will say I'd love to be back in Wildwood, living on top of the hill we were on. I could hear a whole lot further out there! hahaa Oops, sorry - I've rambled!

Shelley
K0SHL

ElGenio

I love listening to St. Charles Co Sheriff. There's some really good stuff on there. I'd like to listen to STL City but I can't get it set up right and there is too much action to be listening to incorrectly.

Did anybody hear the shooting at the Brick in Chesterfield last Saturday( I don't think anybody was hit but shots were fired)? I heard it on the scanner but I guess the media never got word of it. Imagine that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.