Chicago Harbor Lock Ops Freq?

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Has anyone ever discovered a frequency in use for operations of the Chicago Harbor Lock (between the Chicago River and Lake Michigan)? I know that vessels can contact the lock on VHF Marine Channel 14 (156.700 MHz) to coordinate entry into the lock, etc.. I believe that the lock is operated by the US Army Corps of Engineers, and I'm wondering if there are any frequencies in use between the lock operator and personnel that would walk the tops of the walls to coordinate the positioning of vessels in the lock chamber or deal with other issues.

I've loaded a list of known USACE VHF and UHF frequencies into my SDS100 and will give that a shot, but I thought I'd put the question out there in the event that they're not using one of those frequencies.

If I do find something, I'll post it here.

Thanks in advance...

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Shortly after 7pm tonight, I was getting encrypted traffic on 150.550 NAC 240. I was not far from the Chicago Harbor Lock in Chicago's Streeterville neighborhood. Unknow if this came from the Chicago Harbor Lock or not, but signals were full bars on my SDS100.