Choppy Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikB

Feed Provider
Tuned in to my feed from work this morning and my audio was all choppy, I went home at lunch to check the scanner and it sounded fine from home, the sound going into my PC, through my sound card, and out my PC speakers sounds fine, but my audio is all of a sudden choppy when I listen to the feed. Here is a link:
Gunnison County Law Enforcement, Sheriff, Fire, EMS, and GUC Unicom Live Scanner Audio Feed
is something up with the RR server, or is there something I am overlooking with my setup?

richtidd

Database Admin
Tuned in to my feed from work this morning and my audio was all choppy, I went home at lunch to check the scanner and it sounded fine from home, the sound going into my PC, through my sound card, and out my PC speakers sounds fine, but my audio is all of a sudden choppy when I listen to the feed. Here is a link:
Gunnison County Law Enforcement, Sheriff, Fire, EMS, and GUC Unicom Live Scanner Audio Feed
is something up with the RR server, or is there something I am overlooking with my setup?

We only pass on what is sent.

This usually is a software / computer issue.

I suggest you stop the feed, reboot the computer & relaunch the software. This may clear the issue.

sideshowbob

i had the same issue this afternoon while listening to my feed locally through ScannerCast. I simply quit scanner cast and restarted the program and my problem cleared up. I dont know if it sounded choppy through RadioReference however.

ErikB

Feed Provider
well, closing scannercast and firing back up oddcast made the audio issues go away, glad thats all it took, the choppy audio was driving me crazy. I kind of like how oddcast shows you audio input levels anyway, think I will stick with oddcast for now........

PeterGV

K1PGV
The "pulsing" audio is a known problem with ScannerCast. It starts randomly after a period of between 7 days and 3 months of non-stop broadcasting. Just stopping and restarting the ScannerCast broadcast fixes the problem.

We're in the process of testing a fix right now, but since it takes more than 7 days to reproduce I can't guarantee how quickly we'll be able to get a new release out... assuming this fix works.

Peter
K1PGV

luke-1

The "pulsing" audio is a known problem with ScannerCast. It starts randomly after a period of between 7 days and 3 months of non-stop broadcasting. Just stopping and restarting the ScannerCast broadcast fixes the problem.

We're in the process of testing a fix right now, but since it takes more than 7 days to reproduce I can't guarantee how quickly we'll be able to get a new release out... assuming this fix works.

Peter
K1PGV

Thank you Peter for this post!!

I have been pulling my hair out, and driving my wife crazy, moving my radio's, my router, my antenna's, etc., etc. trying to get rid of that pulsing sound. now I can just relax and listen :)

ErikB

Feed Provider
Thank you Peter for this post!!

I have been pulling my hair out, and driving my wife crazy, moving my radio's, my router, my antenna's, etc., etc. trying to get rid of that pulsing sound. now I can just relax and listen :)

yea, I have had the same frustration. I think I will stick with what works until the bugs are worked out of scannercast. Thanks for shedding some light on the issue, I appreciate the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.