CHP White Coastal rebroadcasting on SLO Co Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriW

Just for future reference:

I am currently hearing CHP's White channel in the Coastal Division (42.56 167.9 PL) rebroadcasting on what is listed in RR's database the "Tactical 'Copper'" (460.55000 123.0 PL) channel of San Luis Obispo County Sheriff.

I also heard CHP's White Coastal dispatch unsuccessfully attempt a test on their Black Mountain repeater with a unit who was somewhere near Shandon, and say "it must be down". Maybe this is related.

ShawnInPaso

Premium Subscriber
Hmm, interesting stuff. I've heard that SLO/SO is (or has) installed ROIP, perhaps they're making use of it.

SCPD

QRT
This project has been in the works since the SO purchased their new dispatch consoles. its meant for interop between CHP on VHF Low and Local LAW on UHF High.

BriW

Now I'm hearing dispatch for Monterey Area Office (27-units) there as well. Black Coastal. Faint and scratchy, but its there.

White Coastal and Black Coastal are both there. I can somewhat understand why San Luis Obispo would have CHP White Coastal, but Black as well? That is completely outside SLO County.

Strange.

Last edited:

ShawnInPaso

Premium Subscriber
Well, I too hear the CHP white on the SLO/SO tac. It's actually nice to be able to hear the mobile units better than as heard locally on 42.56. It would be nice if they left the configuration as is.

BriW

460.55 used to be a secondary Blue channel or repeater for SLOSO. I don't recall if it was for North or South County, but deputies used to manually switch their to it while traveling the Cuesta Grade--literally push a button to change the radio--because the other frequency didn't work in the other area. I always thought that was strange. Guess they finally found a better use. Makes sense considering CHP officers frequently want their help.

Still hearing the Black channel on it as well, but I haven't come up with a reason that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.