• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CK Edacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Iv been wondering this for along time. Chatham Kent EDACS. Our police service has about 5 talk groups all provoice, but on the main channel Operatnl, i can hear everything on their repeater 866.2500. When an officer switches to a different talk group say.. querry or a tac channel, why cant i hear that on the repeater aswell?
All the CIRT officers when on a call only use their portables, but i can never hear any of that on the repeater.

Kinda odd how they would have their main talk group in the clear and all on the repeater.. and the other TG's all provoice.
Can anyone help figure this out?

EDACSTECH

Iv been wondering this for along time. Chatham Kent EDACS. Our police service has about 5 talk groups all provoice, but on the main channel Operatnl, i can hear everything on their repeater 866.2500. When an officer switches to a different talk group say.. querry or a tac channel, why cant i hear that on the repeater aswell?
All the CIRT officers when on a call only use their portables, but i can never hear any of that on the repeater.

Kinda odd how they would have their main talk group in the clear and all on the repeater.. and the other TG's all provoice.
Can anyone help figure this out?

I don't fully understand what you are asking but I will try to answer your question(s).

1. If this is an EDACS radio system, all EDACS calls will use the EDACS REPEATER(S) / SYSTEM.
2. When you say that you hear everything on their repeater, you have not said what you are using as a receiver unless you are standing at the repeater and using the local repeater speaker. Assuming that you are not using an EDACS radio programmed to listen and or talk on Provoice Groups, you will not be able to hear or monitor any Provoice "Digital" calls with any currently sold scanner, conventional radio etc. During a Provoice call, you will hear a buzzing type sound from a conventional scanner / receiver.
3. If you are asking why a police department main dispatch group is analog while the other groups are Provoice Digital, it is because someone configured their radios to operate this way by choice. My police dept mostly operates in analog mode, but we have several Provoice talk groups that are used for secure calls.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I'd be willing to bet he's using an EDACS radio, probably a 700p at the minimum, and has ProVoice capability.

If they're encrypted, instead of just using ProVoice, you won't hear anything without the right key. The radio will sense the signal as encrypted and simply stay muted.

If you want to test this, program the radio with conventional data only, including of course the tower
site frequencies. You should hear the noise of an encrypted transmission if they are using encryption.

Elroy

Muxlow

Super Secret
Ill try to make it more clear

The edacs system is provoice, I have a 396T and a MRK 800mhz edacs. I know i cant get provoice thats not what im asking. On the main TG Operatnl the car repeater is what i can hear on 866.2500. But only on TG 522 is when i can hear the repeater on the conventional repeater channel.

Why cant i hear the other 4 talk groups from the repeater aswell? (I still dont think im making any cents here haha)

The Orions in the car are PV, the portables are PV but why is the repeater analog? when it repeats from the portables to the towers? And why ios it only on one talk group. Id think that if they were to switch to tactical they would need the repeater then too just as they would on operatnl for their portables. Just wondering why iv never herd the convention repeater on Tac 1 or 2, CIRT or Querry when they switch to them at a high risk call when all the units in that area are on one of them TG's

Status
Not open for further replies.