Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoser147

Just read an article in my local paper last night similar to what is happening in Cleveland. It is all part of C.E.R.T. in the department of Homeland Security and E.M.A. They are trying to put together teams of civilians to use in a disaster IE law Enforcement , Fire and EMS so that in the event of a disaster they can be trained to help out and free up the Proffesional s for where they are needed All countys in Ohio have a deadline to get this setup and as usual the last minute rush is on............hoser147

mmartinfan

Banned
hoser147 said:
Just read an article in my local paper last night similar to what is happening in Cleveland. It is all part of C.E.R.T. in the department of Homeland Security and E.M.A. They are trying to put together teams of civilians to use in a disaster IE law Enforcement , Fire and EMS so that in the event of a disaster they can be trained to help out and free up the Proffesional s for where they are needed All countys in Ohio have a deadline to get this setup and as usual the last minute rush is on............hoser147

Hi, I'm here working for the government for free and I'm here to help you. Please give me your ____________ so you can't harm the looters that are two street down right now.

traumacop

Premium Subscriber
I don’t understand why some of you are so quick to knock this. The citizens academy is about fostering a relationship between public servants and the public, and promoting the idea of giving a little back to your community. The cool thing is the training is free in addition to an established positive relationship with local public safety the next time you call them. I don’t think I have ever seen anything about uniforms, lights on vehicles or any other wacker likes mentions with any Citizen Corps programs. It is about teaching people basic things, most of which will be useful in the event of a disaster.

I’m sure I am not telling you something you don’t already know and everyone here probably is a fine upstanding citizen that gives time back to the community.

Last edited:

jscott02

actually, mmartinfan gives a lot back to our community. it's a message board, people make fun of things, people get angry about it, and our lives go on without missing a beat.

traumacop said:
I don’t understand why some of you are so quick to knock this. The citizens academy is about fostering a relationship between public servants and the public, and promoting the idea of giving a little back to your community. The cool thing is the training is free in addition to an established positive relationship with local public safety the next time you call them. I don’t think I have ever seen anything about uniforms, lights on vehicles or any other wacker likes mentions with any Citizen Corps programs. It is about teaching people basic things, most of which will be useful in the event of a disaster.

I’m sure I am not telling you something you don’t already know and everyone here probably is a fine upstanding citizen that gives time back to the community.

One never knows. One even might be trained to use R A D I O S. I mean the VSLEP TRS is getting old so who knows.

hoser147

The programs are a good thing. Ive been involved since the onset a couple of years ago and it helps save lives and property. Who knows when it will help you and yours. Please dont knock a good thing and everyone involved goes thru a background check. If you are interested contact your local EMA homeland security office for more info. No one is going to take anything away from you, they are there to help..............hoser147

hoser147 said:
The programs are a good thing. Ive been involved since the onset a couple of years ago and it helps save lives and property. Who knows when it will help you and yours. Please dont knock a good thing and everyone involved goes thru a background check. If you are interested contact your local EMA homeland security office for more info. No one is going to take anything away from you, they are there to help..............hoser147

Aslo, somebody just might decide on a future in law enforcemtn, fire / rescue jobs, or private security or private ems based on how good these programs are. It might be a steeping stone for them.

Also if more radi oscanning people where involved then, there might might more people using these programs that join, look @ the previous paragraph, that might NOT encrypt everything excpext the sensitive comms.

CVPI4Ever

I dont understand why this is news. Alot of PD's put this on. Its a good way for the police and the public to form a good relationship and work together.

hoser147

Hams and scannist are both involed in most counties aready some counties are up and running on this others are trying to coop with adjacent counties. Seeing what we had around during the cold war era, it kinda seems like thier getting their crap together............hoser147

Status
Not open for further replies.