Close Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey4176

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to use my close call and all I'm getting is a line of bars like an equalizer. The numbers are 1 through 7 and they have lines moving up and down but I hear nothing. What am I doing wrong. I've looked at the easy to read manual and it didn't help me on this issue unless I missed it.

wtp

bar graph

the 7 numbers are the bands and can be turned on or off (as you hit the numbers you will see it)
the bars go up as you get a higher signal in that band until you get a lock on the frequency that is high enough to trip it.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
What you are seeing is normal. That shows the 7 "bands" that the Close Call is searching. You can turn these bands on or off by pushing 1 to turn band 1 on or off, 2 for band 2, etc. You will only hear something that is close enough or strong enough to trigger the Close Call. Remember that it is a "near-field" monitor and that signals have to be from a near by source. The lines you see moving up and down on the Close Call screen while it is searching may be FM broadcast or NOAA weather signals. Those can be filtered out in the Search/Close Call preference menu.

- Chris

bailly2

RE: bcd396xt close call

i think you are in band scope mode. try pressing Hold on any channel/frequency. Press Func then press and holding the hold button

awattam

No, thats what the Close Call looks like, the OP is right on. I didn't used t get much action from the Close Call function. A plane directly overhead would trip it as would taxis. I did once get a walkie talkie from a crane once but overall nothing much.

Status
Not open for further replies.