CN Rail Freq's

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello. I am from Ontario Canada.

I am just wondering if anyone on here would happen to have a complete list of all the channels that CN uses. I have them all for Canadian Pacific Railway. I just want to have a complete list of all the CN Rail channels they have. So I can enter them into my scanner. And lable them correctly. For example: CN 1: 161.415, etc. And which channels are repeater channels.

If anyone on here has a complete list I can have or get I would appreciate it.

Let me know.

I will be waiting for any replies to this post.

Thanks.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
You need a copy of the Canadian Trackside Guide. It's a thick handbook of all Canadian rail information including frequencies (by channel number as you describe above, but also by subdivision). The Bytown Railway Society is the creator and seller.

BRS Sales Desk

SCPD

QRT
Ok. Thanks for the info.

So in the Trackside book, it shows all the freq's even by channel number. So it will show both TX & RX freq's along with the channels that are repeater freq's. Also it shows all the freq's that are used for each railroad, like every single channel they have and that they probably would have in their radio's. Let me know. Before I decide to get it or not.

Thanks again.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Ok. Thanks for the info.

So in the Trackside book, it shows all the freq's even by channel number. So it will show both TX & RX freq's along with the channels that are repeater freq's. Also it shows all the freq's that are used for each railroad, like every single channel they have and that they probably would have in their radio's. Let me know. Before I decide to get it or not.

Thanks again.

I don't know where my copy of the guide is right now, but I am 90% certain everything you state above is in there. You won't be disappointed, I'd say.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

SCPD

QRT
Ok. Thanks Jay911.

Just wondering here Jay911 or anyone else. Is it maybe possible someone can either take a picture or copy a few pages from the book say of thos CN Channels and say CP Rail and maybe anything else like maybe our subdivison here in Ontario, which would be in Northeastern Ontario (White River Sub). And the CN Rail (Ruel Sub)

If anyone can do this, just so it will give me an idea what it will show in this book, before I decide to get it.

I would appreciate it.

Let me know.

Thanks again everyone.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I would think posting pictures of the pages from the book would be copyright infringement.

Just purchase the book, you won't regret it.

SCPD

QRT
Just a couple other things I was thinking before I make my decision to buy this book.

- Will this book have updated subidivison info for all the subs here in Canada, like update for this year or will it be from when ever they last updated this info. And say if they made certain sidings longer last year (2012). Will it have this updated info in it as well or not yet.

- Will it have all the frequencies for all of the railroads here in Canada. Or is it just frequencies for CP RAIL and CN RAIL.

- It says it has a map in this book, so like what exactly does it show on these maps.

These should be my last questions before I decide to buy this book.

Thanks again.

pathalogical

Just a couple other things I was thinking before I make my decision to buy this book.

- Will this book have updated subidivison info for all the subs here in Canada, like update for this year or will it be from when ever they last updated this info. And say if they made certain sidings longer last year (2012). Will it have this updated info in it as well or not yet.

- Will it have all the frequencies for all of the railroads here in Canada. Or is it just frequencies for CP RAIL and CN RAIL.

- It says it has a map in this book, so like what exactly does it show on these maps.

These should be my last questions before I decide to buy this book.

Thanks again.
This book is updated every year, I have received my 2013 copy.
Yes, all freqs from all railroads from BC to Newfoundland.
The maps are simple line drawings with placenames.

...get the book !

jmorgan123

try here >>>>>>> TAFL Search with Google Maps Output Search by your postal code Since you dont tell us where in Ontario you are at

(Note: tafl.jonathanmorgan.net is my site)

Enter your location and max distance (I usually use 50 km). Make sure to remove the low and high frequency filters.

For CN, seach on these two licensee names:

RAC/ACFC - CNR
CANADIAN NATIONAL RAILWAY

For CP, you can search on:

RAC/ACFC - CPR
CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILWAY

Here's a neat way to visualize rail networks across the country (might take a few seconds to load - zoom out when it does load):

Mapped Results > TAFL Search with Google Maps Output

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.