CO State Patrol troop/post offices

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
So,, I have a listing of CSP offices (dated 2012) and believe that many of the offices on the list no longer exist. Looking at the CSP webpage (which may also not be accurate) and comparing the list from 2012 I come up with the following that are discrepancies (that is, the webpage does not list these offices.)

BOULDER, 6230 LOOKOUT RD
BOULDER COUNTY, 7701 W 120TH AVE
DEL NORTE, 925 6TH ST
GUNNISON, 200 E VIRGINIA AVE
IDAHO SPRINGS, 3000 COLORADO BLVD
STRASBURG SUB, 2550 STRASBURG RD

From the webpage and not on the 2012 list is:
San Luis Valley - Post, 401 Monroe Street, Monte Vista CO

If anyone can confirm or deny the status of these locations please reply.

Thanks.

-Randy

Troop

So,, I have a listing of CSP offices (dated 2012) and believe that many of the offices on the list no longer exist. Looking at the CSP webpage (which may also not be accurate) and comparing the list from 2012 I come up with the following that are discrepancies (that is, the webpage does not list these offices.)

BOULDER, 6230 LOOKOUT RD
BOULDER COUNTY, 7701 W 120TH AVE
DEL NORTE, 925 6TH ST
GUNNISON, 200 E VIRGINIA AVE
IDAHO SPRINGS, 3000 COLORADO BLVD
STRASBURG SUB, 2550 STRASBURG RD

From the webpage and not on the 2012 list is:
San Luis Valley - Post, 401 Monroe Street, Monte Vista CO

If anyone can confirm or deny the status of these locations please reply.

Thanks.

-Randy
Boulder on Lookout is correct
Del Norte is the courthouse, so not an official office
Gunnison- Courthouse
Idaho Springs Post is no longer a post, it's a beat assignment out of Troop 1-A
Strasburg is the Adams CO SO substation. The Troopers that work the Watkins Area have an office at the Front Range Spaceport

Troop

Should note that most of the posts are not listed on the websites since they are not public offices and have no services like main Troop and District offices

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Boulder on Lookout is correct
Del Norte is the courthouse, so not an official office
Gunnison- Courthouse
Idaho Springs Post is no longer a post, it's a beat assignment out of Troop 1-A
Strasburg is the Adams CO SO substation. The Troopers that work the Watkins Area have an office at the Front Range Spaceport
OK. Getting closer on this. So Boulder (on Lookout) is a Post? And, Boulder County (on W. 120th shows Post on my list) does not exist? I saw that the listing of Del Norte Post is the Rio Grande Co. Courthouse. Is it a Post where a trooper would report to start his shift or is it merely a desk in a room that a trooper from his/her actual report-to-work post (Alamosa?) but assigned to cover Rio Grande County could go to scratch out a report? Same question goes for Gunnison.

And I see on the CSP website a San Luis Valley Post in Monte Vista. Does that Post office exist? May be that that Post replaces what once was the Del Norte Post. Seems like a weird place to put a Post so close to the Troop office in Alamosa. But what do I know. I'm only a part time cartographer.

Thanks for the info Troop!

Troop

The Boulder office is essentially a post of Troop 1D. The main office is Commerce city. A lot of those weird posts exist from 20 or so years ago when they were used to get more manpower and cars. Some still exist and some are actually to make operations easier. 5C being a good example. As far as some of the offices down in 5B, I’m not too sure. Statewide, some have Sgts some dont

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
The Boulder office is essentially a post of Troop 1D. The main office is Commerce city. A lot of those weird posts exist from 20 or so years ago when they were used to get more manpower and cars. Some still exist and some are actually to make operations easier. 5C being a good example. As far as some of the offices down in 5B, I’m not too sure. Statewide, some have Sgts some dont
Very good. Fun trying to figure all of this out and make a map. Thanks!