coast guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardscott

Hello all;

Heard CG activity on 161.900 (Prescott?) about marine congestion reported between Simcoe/Couchiching today....wondering if anyone else has much luck with and how common CG activities are in Ontario, I guess with Lake Ontario and the Trent in particular...it seems they have quite the broadcast range.

I found these other #'s...anyone hear much on them?

among many others...

ES

mciupa

edwardscott said:
ES

I hear the US CG out of Buffalo on 157.100 . The others you have listed not from my location.

Coast Guard stuff I do monitor is 156.850 ,157.050,157.075 ,157.100 ,157.125 (also hear Toronto Police Marine Unit as well on .125)

edwardscott

what kind of range is on these frequencies? for a typical small discone setup? im about an hour and a half north east of Toronto.

ES

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
When I was in Univeristy I had a summer job with CCG based primarily out of CCGB Prescott, but also worked out of CCGB Hay River, NWT. being a scanner guy I got to know the radio room staff. From social engineering, Radio Shack frequency counter logging and having access to license info, in the Central Region all frequecy's used were in the marine band with the exception of a few mutual aid channels...RCMP, FIRE.

RCMP wasin VHF Range as was fire..very out dated.

The further away from Ottawa the quicker things got done.

mrweather

10-15 km at most I would think once you're in-land.

On the water much farther. This is VHF-FM afterall.

edwardscott

I see I see. Perhaps I picked up the Pembroke transmission because there was a transmitter on the TSW in the Lindsay area at the time.

Thanks,

ES

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
What Pembroke transmission are you speaking of?

Only type of SAR CG stuff I ever hear is on 157.125 usually talking with RCC Trenton.

edwardscott said:
I see I see. Perhaps I picked up the Pembroke transmission because
there was a transmitter on the TSW in the Lindsay area at the time.

Thanks,

ES

edwardscott

edwardscott said:
Hello all;

Heard CG activity on 161.900 (Prescott?) about marine congestion reported between Simcoe/Couchiching today....wondering if anyone else has much luck with and how common CG activities are in Ontario, I guess with Lake Ontario and the Trent in particular...it seems they have quite the broadcast range.

among many others...

ES

It wasn't long, but quite clear. The operator id'd himself as from Pembroke, and the call came had come in from a vessel in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.