Cobourg/PortHope Police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can anyone confirm a frequency for the police? I don't seem to be reading any transmissions from either on the anolog channels

ie.142.485 or 142.245

Have they replaced their radio systems?

Thanks

Jammin_Jay

What about Cobourg City Trunking System, is it analogue or is it digital now too?

I have a speech inverter and had been listening to them on analog(142.245/142.485) for quit some time now....last few weeks the analog has been not there? or I have a problem with my scanner?

Can anyone confirm they are both digital now or both trunked in 800's.....if they are is the digital transmission in the clear?

No sites have updated frequency list for Port Hope.

Last edited:

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
The Cobourg and Port Hope Police are still operating voice inversion on their VHF channels. Cobourg is analog on the trunk system.

bigcam406

so,if they are on the talkgroup in analogue,can you hear them or is it encrypted as well? sorry,just doesnt make any sense to have an encrypted freq also on a talkgroup that everyone in the area can hear...

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
The talkgroup is not encrypted. The range of the trunk system is roughly about 7 km. The VHF channel was installed when they used to patrol all the way up to Rice Lake, so it has a longer range and it was encrypted a few years ago. Before they lost the contract to the OPP.

The VHF channel is still going, just in case they are needed to backup the OPP or Port Hope and they are out of range of the trunk system.

VE3RADIO

Premium Subscriber
The talkgroup is not encrypted. The range of the trunk system is roughly about 7 km. The VHF channel was installed when they used to patrol all the way up to Rice Lake, so it has a longer range and it was encrypted a few years ago. Before they lost the contract to the OPP.

The VHF channel is still going, just in case they are needed to backup the OPP or Port Hope and they are out of range of the trunk system.

When I lived in Mississauga some warm nights I could pull in the Cobourg TRS believe it or not... from Durham .. not a sniff.

OK Sorry for the confusion.....I am apparently in the market for a new scanner, just plugged in an old PRO-38 handheld and they are still on 142.245 encrypted.

my pro 2040 is on its way out I guess.

New questions and help needed now....What to replace it with?

Status
Not open for further replies.