Collin Co. Flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Collin Co. TX has received intense rain this morning. The County is flooding and ridden with Fires from lightning. Prosper, Fairview, Parker & Melissa seem to be hardest hit so far. Plano has reported School buses stuck in High water. and Home owners along creeks are calling for Sandbags and rescue.

While Opening CC TRS to ID Search I have found a new TG-ID (2768) in Use for Sheriff's Department. Seems to be a new Sheriff Talk Channel.

Radar shows this to be a Slow moving storm From South to North dumping massive amounts of rain.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
Collin Co. TX has received intense rain this morning. The County is flooding and ridden with Fires from lightning. Prosper, Fairview, Parker & Melissa seem to be hardest hit so far. Plano has reported School buses stuck in High water. and Home owners along creeks are calling for Sandbags and rescue.

While Opening CC TRS to ID Search I have found a new TG-ID (2768) in Use for Sheriff's Department. Seems to be a new Sheriff Talk Channel.

Radar shows this to be a Slow moving storm From South to North dumping massive amounts of rain.

I heard the same TGRP however I believe it belongs to Fairview PD

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
I marked it as Parker PD (Since there the most active on it) I Also logged: 2416 which were 6100's Constables in and around Plano.

I heard one of the Fairview officers talking on it and he mentioned something about the other officer being on the Parker channel so unless I misunderstood, it couldn't be Parker. 2416 is the "CONST 4" talkgroup which covers West Plano, Frisco, and North Dallas. They used to just have one Constable TGRP but reprogrammed about six months ago and added one for each precinct.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
It looks like CCSO may have some "TAC" channels. It's about time. I'm thinking we should mark it as CCSO Talk for now, but listen for references to Tac channels and also plug in 2800 and 2832 to see if they're in use. It also looks like 1392 should be in use as a CCSO channel.

Russell

Last edited:

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
It looks like CCSO may have some "TAC" channels. It's about time. I'm thinking we should mark it as CCSO Talk for now, but listen for references to Tac channels and also plug in 2800 and 2832 to see if they're in use. It also looks like 1392 should be in use as a CCSO channel.

Russell

They don't have any TAC channels but they did add talk channels for most, if not all of the smaller departments to use for themselves. There is generally not a lot of traffic on them because they usually only have one officer on shift at a time so there is no one for them to talk to.

Status
Not open for further replies.