Collin County TXDOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
Any of you Collin/Dallas County guys know what TXDOT is operating on in these counties? Just about everyone else has moved to VHF Hi however the only licenses in Collin County are for 47.060 / 47.10.

I seem to remember a while back that the Dallas district was on a trunked system but I couldn't find any mention of that in the database.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Any of you Collin/Dallas County guys know what TXDOT is operating on in these counties? Just about everyone else has moved to VHF Hi however the only licenses in Collin County are for 47.060 / 47.10.

I seem to remember a while back that the Dallas district was on a trunked system but I couldn't find any mention of that in the database.
Mike,
The trunked system you're thinking of is probably TXU (now renamed Oncor). At one time, TxDOT had talkgroups on their system, as did CareFlite & LifeStar. However, a couple of years ago, TXU (before the buyout & name changes, etc) told most of the non-TXU users to make other arrangements for radio service.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
I just installed an outside antenna at work in McKinney so I haven't had time to do much monitoring but I'm going to see if there's anything on 47.10. I thought everyone had gotten away from Lo band though.

I may drive by their office and see what kind of antenna(s) they have on the trucks/office and get a clue.

SCPD

QRT
I heard some 47MHz. stuff back last winter for TXDOT Collin Co. But I also heard they went to Nextel as has Dallas & Tarrant Counties.

samlove

Premium Subscriber
I work in public safety in Ellis County. I was out on traffic control for a hazmat spill on a state road a few weeks ago and saw the TXDOT people using nextels.

The still have the low band radios in some of their trucks but I never saw any of them being used.

I live in Mesquite and last winter I heard a little traffic on 47.180 during one of the few ice storms we had.

If anyone learns for sure what TXDOT is using in the DFW and surrounding area I hope they will share it with us.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
I work in public safety in Ellis County. I was out on traffic control for a hazmat spill on a state road a few weeks ago and saw the TXDOT people using nextels.

The still have the low band radios in some of their trucks but I never saw any of them being used.

I live in Mesquite and last winter I heard a little traffic on 47.180 during one of the few ice storms we had.

If anyone learns for sure what TXDOT is using in the DFW and surrounding area I hope they will share it with us.

I've been hearing some sporadic traffic on 47.06/47.10 with a CTSS tone of 107.2 however it could be skip. They're not talking long enough to decipher anything yet. I would think they would have to have statewide 151.055 or something in order to interact with neighboring offices in case of mutual aid or something like that.

Hey are you the same Sam Love that used to work at Murphy?

SCPD

QRT
I know for certain NTTA use NEXTEL, My guess is that for DALLAS TXDOT would also use NEXTEL since they work so much with NTTA. Additionally, We all might look closer at the Dallas Co. Public Works repeater for TXDOT activity since we know they love to use Other peoples radio systems. This same concept might apply for Collin Co. TXDOT units. Also, I have heard TXDOT in the Farmersville & Princeton areas using the TXDOT Greenville repeater from time to time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.