Colorado Scanner group

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Well I started a new yahoo group today feel free to join and add info.Here is the link
ColoradoScannerGroup : Colorado Scanner Group
This will be the third group I have of over 1000 members. Please join and help me get this group going. If you like to be a moderator please let me know !

Tom, I'm sure your aware we already have coscanclub, denverscannerbuffs, scancolo, colodtrs, mnn etc lists.

I personally don't really see a need as RR resources are fast outpacing the need for yahoogroups type lists.

Jim<

Warbirdhunter

Tom, I'm sure your aware we already have coscanclub, denverscannerbuffs, scancolo, colodtrs, mnn etc lists.

I personally don't really see a need as RR resources are fast outpacing the need for yahoogroups type lists.

Jim<

Jim for the Colodtrs and scancolo how do we apply to get in those groups?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
one word to first post

why

I agree Jeffrey is there any need for a new scanner list in Colorado?

Certainly will get no where near 1,000 subscribers; more like 50 if your luckily and why not post questions and such here.

Jim<

papaelk

Colorado scanner group

With the best source of information available right here on RR why the need for another group??? :confused:

SCPD

QRT
Group update

Ok I have not had the chance to work on this group I started because my boss in work has been sick and I have been filling in for him. For those who know me from other scanner groups I have a scanner buff group that has members from all over the world. I also have some of the best radio technicians in my scanner group. I also have the most links that a scanner group has ever put out in yahoo. I have asked questions in this Castle Rock for help in the area and have been told many times to go look for the answer in the RR data base. I have had 1 gentleman from the Castle Rock group took the time to call my house and help me with a problem with my software that I stream my scanner with when I am at home or if my family is home. My scanner buffs group was started in 1994 because I had asked a Yahoo group in California for help programming a scanner when I was stationed there during the fire season. All I kept getting was go to this site to find the answers you want. Well by the time you took to write that and tell me where to find it you could have given me the answer. So this is why I started this scanner buff group. You can ask anyone in my group a question and you will get 20 or 30 answers and the answers won't be go here for the answer. I also have a yahoo Red Cross group which has over 1000 members in it, I also have a New Jersey Forest Fire group with over 150 forest fire fighters, my scanner buff group has well over 900 members in it. I am also a moderator for the California Disasters group which has almost 1500 members in it. I am also a moderator for the fire_fighters yahoo group which has over 2400 members in it. This Colorado scanner group when I am done will have the most comprehensive information in it to do with anything radio communication related when I am done. It will not happen over night. I just know when I have asked questions in the castle rock community group for questions about the area 90% of my questions were never sent out to the group. Well when the next new person moves in town and has questions he will be given the answers he needs to live in and around the state. Any link that I will have under my group will also have and will be given credit to where I found the information. So give it time and I think you will like what I give in the group. feel free to try my scannerbuffsofamerica group I have well over 1000 links from scanner feeds to ham licenses, to jobs. Thanks Tom

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Tom,

Don't currently live in Colorado, but I do try to follow the goings on in the state since I grew up there. But as others have stated, I can't really see the need for another Colorado Yahoo group, nor the need to re-invent the wheel. But we do live in a free country where everyone is allowed to express themselves and moderate their own groups, so may your new group be a huge success.

Mark

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
At least in this state key people in this hobby be it scannist's, public safety and technical do participate here on a regular basis.

Despite some occasional situations a lot of good information does get posted in an efficient manner here and we do help each other out.

Competition is good however It is difficult to compete with a long established operation such as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.