Coming for a visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescueone

Premium Subscriber
Hi all, I'm a firefighter from MA and my wife and I will be in Johnston for the week of 7/4. I'll be bringing my BCD396T with me. What I want to monitior is mostly Fire/EMS/Police. Is the info in the database for Polk county correct? Are the VHF/UHF freq's listed all I'll need, or are some agencies on a TRS? Will I be able to pick up Des Moines from Johnston? Any help would be much appreciated.

fireside

Premium Subscriber
The data base for Polk County and the city of Des Moines is correct. For Johnston you will need to program the RACOM site 1101. They are dispatched by the county. They do show one talkgroup as digital, do'nt know if they use it all the time. As far as Des Moines, you should have no problem hearing them. I live 45 mins. northeast of their and can here them most of the time. Hope you enjoy your time here in Iowa.

mikeydcg2003

Being close you might also program in the westcom system. Always good listening there. If you want to hear the fire responses better, use the Racom id 1841. You will hear both ends of the conversation rather than just 1 on the VHF Freq. Des Moines you should have no problem getting. Everything should be back to normal now that the river is no longer knocking at the door of the Police Dept. Being Digital Another good listen would be the Highway Helper Guys. You can catch them on 151.3250. Also Iowa State Patrol is another. Use 155.6400 with a pl of 146.2 and you should have not an issue. Any questions let us know and we can help ya out.

rescueone

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Mike and Fireside. I'm gonna start putting together a few systems next week. Hope most of the water is gone when I get there. Hope both of you came through the past week OK. Again, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.