Comment on Char Meck TRS Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonus1331

Appreciate the updates, but I think today's changes may create more confusion than what we had. There are now listings by division, but then under "Police" the same divisions are listed again.
From what I have monitored and had listed previously; most divisions have a Dispatch, Conference, TAC, and SCU talkgroups. Ex. Steele Creek Dispatch/Conference/TAC/SCU. Currently most divisions listed only have one showing.

Also-who can tell me what is up with TG 10768. It's listed as "Division 13" but half the time the voice traffic sounds like L.E. and the other half it sounds like Animal Control. Is this a patched TG? Mentioned a loose COW tonight!@@$$^^&!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
David-
Patience Grasshopper! :D What you see is not finished....I am still working on reorganizing the Police Section of the Charlotte 800Mhz System....to make it easier to understand as well as make it easier for those who use the RR.com import feature for their scanners....when I get done each divison will have the needed 4 talkgroups:
1) Dispatch
2) Conference
3) Tactical
4) SCU
all other Police talkgroups will be in a seperate group called Char PD Various talkgroups....
I started on it this afternoon and had to stop to get some "real world" stuff done...getting ready to finish it up...and all Charlotte monitors/scanner buffs are welcome to post their thoughts in this thread....
Marshall KE4ZNR

bonus1331 said:
Appreciate the updates, but I think today's changes may create more confusion than what we had. There are now listings by division, but then under "Police" the same divisions are listed again.
From what I have monitored and had listed previously; most divisions have a Dispatch, Conference, TAC, and SCU talkgroups. Ex. Steele Creek Dispatch/Conference/TAC/SCU. Currently most divisions listed only have one showing.

Also-who can tell me what is up with TG 10768. It's listed as "Division 13" but half the time the voice traffic sounds like L.E. and the other half it sounds like Animal Control. Is this a patched TG? Mentioned a loose COW tonight!@@$$^^&!

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Ok....I think I have everything updated....please let me know if you see any corrections/additions that need to be made...
Marshall KE4ZNR

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm glad you posted this, or I'd never had known there was an update. I didn't see it highlighted in the DB (in green).

Bill28227

bonus1331 said:

I am at work now and cannot confirm the number you mentioned but what you are hearing is possible. In the far corner of the dispatch room sits the dispatcher who handles both Crime Scene and Animal Control talk groups. They are patched together so you hear only one TG with both divisions. Occasionally that dispatcher will also handle other divisions too as needed.
Bill

bonus1331

KE4ZNR-so sorry sensei.

Grog-I use the "watch" function on a bunch of TRS's. They show on my home page and the get highlighted when they get updated. Nice feature...

TG 10768-any one know what this truly is?

bonus1331

Bill28227 said:
I am at work now and cannot confirm the number you mentioned but what you are hearing is possible. In the far corner of the dispatch room sits the dispatcher who handles both Crime Scene and Animal Control talk groups. They are patched together so you hear only one TG with both divisions. Occasionally that dispatcher will also handle other divisions too as needed.
Bill
I would assume that this is only a scanner listeners issue and if you are either with CSI or Animal Control that you do not hear all comm. traffic?

Are is this incorrect?

Do we have to go back to the old "status bits" issue again?

Bill28227

bonus1331 said:
I would assume that this is only a scanner listeners issue and if you are either with CSI or Animal Control that you do not hear all comm. traffic?

Are is this incorrect?

I can not tell you how the CSI or Animal Control patch is done. I have been in many police cars on patrol both driving and as a passenger. At all times I can hear the both patched channels. For example, Charlie 1 and Charlie 3 are ususally patched together. I can hear all Division 11 and 12 traffic in the car and on the HTs. In the cars the Division 11 cars turn their radios to "North" and the Division 12 cars turn their radios to "H Grove" but the radio traffic is the same.

Bill

bonus1331

Bill28227,
One more question if I may...
Most of the Divisions are named for the area they patrol.
Can you tell me what area Divisions 13,14,23, and 24 patrol, or do these divisions have unique responsibilities?

Thanks for the insight.

pboy

The proper term for what is going on is multi-select. The two TGs are "patched" so that the dispatcher can talk and listen to both at the same. The users cannot talk to each other or hear each other unless an actual cross link is established (a real patch).

For Motorola radio users all is transparent. For scanner users, status bit craziness.

You have your status bit toggled to ignore, since you say you are hearing traffic on the normal TG ID. You would be getting 10775 otherwise. Multi-select status bit adds 7 to Uniden readout.

Troop C on VIPER multi-selects two districts quite a bit. Will throw you for a loop when your see some of the TGs that appear.

bonus1331

Differences

I took a look between what I had and the recent changes made in the last day or so and found just a few differences. Keep in mind, I'm not certain which are correct.

I have
South Dispatch 9168
Metro Conference 10640

In database
South Dispatch 8720
Metro Conference 10512

I also noticed that both Metro and Eastway SCU both have the same TG listed-13136.

Thanks for keeping the database up to date.

Bill28227

bonus1331 said:
Bill28227,
One more question if I may...
Most of the Divisions are named for the area they patrol.
Can you tell me what area Divisions 13,14,23, and 24 patrol, or do these divisions have unique responsibilities?

I do not know their formal name on the radios. In the template that was shown to me about two years ago it was for future expansion. I know some of the Task Force units use those TGs. The past few months you have seen various task forces talked about in the news media. Some use them.

Late this year or early 2007 you will probably see a new division be made. All twelve divisions will get a little tweaking here and there but the North Division (11) is going to be cut in half and a new division formed. The current North Division is just too large in size and call events to keep it the way it is. The new division will probably use one of those numbers you mentioned bonus1331.

Bill

Last edited:

blacker

South Dispatch 9168

South Dispatch is still 9168
database is wrong..
i got my scanner in search mode right now.. i think there are other mistakes ill let you all know...

Last edited:

bonus1331

Blacker, Let us know what you have and I will try to ID as well.
All the other TG's I have had loaded for over a year, and I believe them to be accurate.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Ok,
What I need you guys to do is PM or Email me with any corrections/additions you find for the Charlotte system...once again please do not post the corrections here BUT EMAIL OR PM ME so I can make the changes needed....thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.