BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Commish

Status
Not open for further replies.

JobabeBob1981

Premium Subscriber
i guess the conclusion for this scanner is if you have 3-5 bars and an error rate 10 and under it doesnt get any better?

JobabeBob1981

Premium Subscriber
Thank You for the information on the sites. North sites 5 Bars, best i can do on South sites is 3 bars. Any other Suggestions?

RFI-EMI-GUY

Thank You for the information on the sites. North sites 5 Bars, best i can do on South sites is 3 bars. Any other Suggestions?

Depending upon your location within the county, a Yagi antenna would be your best bet. Point it toward the nearest site to you. Bear in mind a Yagi has minor side lobes, so you might get best BER if you move it a bit off to one side or another.

RFI-EMI-GUY

One thing many folks might be missing is that if they rely on an antenna on the back of the scanner instead of outside, interference from computer monitors, etc,. are going to create garble just as simulcast distortion will. Try monitoring with your electronic equipment off.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The number of bars is irrelevant for digital traffic. You can get 5 bars of signal and still be affected by simulcast distortion. The bit error rate is a little better of a measure. But at the end of the day, your ears are the most important. If you can understand what is said, then you are fine.

Also with digital, you either have it or you don't. There isn't good, better or best like there is with analog. There are some digital sites I hear perfectly, but there is no signal indication. Nature of that beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.