Constructing Parity bits for IMBE data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdk

Hello,

I have a data source sending 88 bit IMBE frames which I want to decode with a DVSI VC55 Decoder board, but the decoder board only supports the 144 bit IMBE frame format with the extra 56 bits of Parity data present. The data I have has apparently already had the FEC applied / stripped.

I pinged DVSI support on this and they pointed me at the TIA-102 spec and told me to implement the FEC algorithm to restore the parity bits. Before I dig up a copy of that spec and start coding, I was hoping an implementation of this already existed. I took a look at libmbe, but unless I'm misunderstanding the code, it seems to only contain the code for the inverse transformation ( removing the parity to get the 88 bit representation).

Thanks in advance for any insight anyone can provide.

SCPD

QRT
I took a look at libmbe, but unless I'm misunderstanding the code, it seems to only contain the code for the inverse transformation ( removing the parity to get the 88 bit representation).
The IMBE codec in op25 is fully bi-directional, so I'm told.

Alternatively, you could inject the post-FEC IMBE frames directly into mbelib and throw your VC55 away.

bdk

Thanks,

I'm able to decode with mbelib, but I'm still interesting in getting this VC board to work

Anyone have a lead on the OP25 source? My partner on this project joined the dev list and requested access to the SVN repository a couple of weeks ago, but they seem to be having server issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.