Control Channel Rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

TowerPower

Premium Subscriber
I’ve read the forum for a day now trying to find anything. I’ve been listening to San Antonio FD and a few other suburbs fire channels that are on the GOLD Simulcast of the EDACS ProVoice for a few years now using a pair of PSR600’s along with dsd-1.4.1 paired with UniTrunker-1.0.0.19. I know there are newer versions but if it aint broke…
Anyway when the control channel changes, I lose signal and have to move the channel on the signal scanner. I have it programmed as a trunk system and the ole MAN, TSTS, Analyze gets me to the channels individually. Been rolling the control a lot more lately. Any special tricks someone can help me with to take out the manual process? Can I simply program all the frequencies in manually and let the signal PSR600 scan?

tikev

Hi,

If you want to monitor the system control channel and don't want the scanner to change frequency to voice channels, you can program a talkgroup that is not used on that system, and hold to it instead of the analyze method. This way, the scanner will automaticly find the control channel, even if it changes as it will be waiting for a voice grant on that specific ID from the control channel.

Tikev

TowerPower

Premium Subscriber
Ive gone back several times attempting this with variations. To make it "sort of" work I had to check all gold as control channels because it rolls but while scanning with only a single non system TG it freaks the UT out and created 20+ limbo sites and audio is extremely choppy. Guess I'll just continue to manually switch when the control changes,

SCPD

QRT
The trick tikev describes definitely works. I program a separate TSYS with an unused talkgroup (or radio ID).

Make sure the radio is scanning only that TSYS and nothing else. If it leaves the control channel for a voice call, either you've selected the wrong TSYS or picked an active group ID.

Once the radio is on the control channel, you can set the Lock mode to "Dedicated". That will prevent Limbo sites from popping up due to control channel changes or brief signal loss.

TowerPower

Premium Subscriber
One more edit. Still having intermittent issues chasing in San Antonio here and there but restarting UniTrunker jumps right back to following the original system. I read that there are some edits in the works on a future release but until then I simply built a command file to do it for me. I had my task manager running it every 10 minutes but have backed it off to running ever half hour and haven't had to touch the system for a week now. The command consists of:

@echo off
taskkill /im uniform.exe /f
cd\program files\unitrunker
uniform.exe
:end

Status
Not open for further replies.