BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Conventional Vs P25 Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne0564

Hello,

Have several scanners, Hp1, 396T, Gre 500, etc, just did a favorite list on new 436hp, won't recognize the quick key navigation, and have done the list several times, using, Sentinel software, and looking on edit screen, scanner won't recognize scanning P25 and conventional depts. together, only scanning trunked systems, my HP one will, suggestions. Thought it was similar software used in HP1

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
nope

Hello,

Have several scanners, Hp1, 396T, Gre 500, etc, just did a favorite list on new 436hp, won't recognize the quick key navigation, and have done the list several times, using, Sentinel software, and looking on edit screen, scanner won't recognize scanning P25 and conventional depts. together, only scanning trunked systems, my HP one will, suggestions. Thought it was similar software used in HP1

Thanks

The Homepatrol,436HP and 536HP use a playlist style of programming,its very different than your 396xt or 996xt,396T way of doing things,what a pain in the butt, right?

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Actually, I find the playlist kind of thing even more flexible than the system/group thing like what FreeSCAN uses.

Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE FreeSCAN and I LOVE MY BCT15X. But after owning a Pro-18 for a few weeks – and having pretty much mastered the iScan software in a matter of two days – I find the latter MUCH easier to use. You can look at EVERY frequency in your configuration in one giant list, sort by frequency, alpha tag, modulation etc etc anything you want, and “assign” them individually to playlists. With FreeSCAN you can’t see them all at once, you have to open up each group one at a time. Each one has its strengths and weaknesses, but I like playlists so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.