Conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Anybody having troubles with the conventional channels for programming by hand and then read the radio I program a conventional system it doesn't want to show up in the computer I tried to scan the conventional channels and it will not show up It only shows up in the favorites list

McCroskey

Anybody having troubles with the conventional channels for programming by hand and then read the radio I program a conventional system it doesn't want to show up in the computer I tried to scan the conventional channels and it will not show up It only shows up in the favorites list

Talking about the BCD536HP?

I was running into the same thing, and the missing link is that you have to make sure you do the following step before the scanner will scan your "conventional" system:

1. Identify the Service Type of each of the frequencies you programmed in your system. In my case, I put everything into "Custom 1."
2. From the Scanner, select "Menu."
3. "Select Service Types"
4. Scroll down to Custom 1 or whichever Service Type you previously defined, and ensure that it's "On."

Menu out, and you should be good to go.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Programa bcd 536 hp I'm programming schools buses yards buy hand They will not show up on scan They only show up on the favorites list Basically everything that I program by hand will not show up I've been read the radio from the computer The stuff I program by hand will not show up in the computer Only thing that works for me is if I Pic with the database and put it in the radio I could change the oil for tags But if I was at another chunk system it will not show up And the computer or on scan

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Programa bcd 536 hp I'm programming schools buses yards by hand They will not show up on scan They only show up on the favorites list everything that I program by hand will not show up I've been reading the radio from the computer The stuff I program by hand will not show up in the computer Only thing that works for me is if I Pick form the database and put it in the radio I could change the tags But if I was to put more system in by hand it will not show up And the computer or on scanner
QUOTE]

phask

Premium Subscriber
Need a Dick Tracy magic decoder ring to translate.

I have NO IDEA what you are trying to communicate. There is this thing called punctuation.

55engine

Premium Subscriber
Programa bcd 536 hp I'm programming schools buses yards buy hand They will not show up on scan They only show up on the favorites list Basically everything that I program by hand will not show up I've been read the radio from the computer The stuff I program by hand will not show up in the computer Only thing that works for me is if I Pick with the database and put it in the radio I could change the tags

lacadien72

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
I'm not sure I understand what is the problem your are experiencing. But sounds like to me something is not enabled. If you assigned Quick Keys to your Favorite Lists or Systems, make sure they are enabled (Menu => Set Scan Selection => Manage Quick Key Status). Also make sure all the Service Types in use in your Favorite Lists are enabled (Menu => Select Service Types)... only 5 Service Types are enabled by default.

A very good thread to read is:
X36 "Nothing to Scan" Checklist - The RadioReference.com Forums

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
I'm not sure I understand what is the problem your are experiencing. But sounds like to me something is not enabled. If you assigned Quick Keys to your Favorite Lists or Systems, make sure they are enabled (Menu => Set Scan Selection => Manage Quick Key Status). Also make sure all the Service Types in use in your Favorite Lists are enabled (Menu => Select Service Types)... only 5 Service Types are enabled by default.

A very good thread to read is:
X36 "Nothing to Scan" Checklist - The RadioReference.com Forums

Also make for sure you EDIT your Profile so that "Download" for your Favorite's List is ON other wise what ever you do in Sentinel to program that Favorite's List will NOT be downloaded to your scanner.

While in the EDIT mode you might also want to turn ON "Monitor" for the Favorites List you wish to monitor.

Don't give up, if we can do it you can too.

Status
Not open for further replies.