• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Conversion questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Prior to receiving a new G4, I downloaded PPS (v0.6.16.9) and set out to add the required info.

Not knowing any better, I created a profile with the tow truck G4 variant model number.

When I received my new G4, the model number is obviously different. No problem, I thought, I will convert the tow truck model to the new model.

However, no matter what I try, I end up with a "Programming failed" error message.

What am I overlooking?

I've already exported the profile to my desktop anticipating a reply to my problem.

Is there anyway for me to redo this without loosing any of my data?

BTW, pager shows PC Connected and the device shows up in PPS as well.

I've been able to read the new device as well so, no connection problems there.

TIA

N6ML

It's kinda hard to say what you're overlooking since you haven't described what you attempted to do :)

I haven't tried the TT model, but you should be able to go to tab C2 ("Copy from the Existing Profile"), then click on "Convert New Model" at the bottom, and select the correct model number.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
What I am attempting is to convert all the worked I saved to a new model.
Remember, I created a profile previous to receiving the new G4, using the incorrect model of G4, so now, whenever I attempt to program, I get the failure message saying Cannot program the TT profile into the pager.

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Notice the model number I selected to create the profile prior to receiving the new pager and the new pager model number below.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 12

N6ML

What I am attempting is to convert all the worked I saved to a new model.
Remember, I created a profile previous to receiving the new G4, using the incorrect model of G4, so now, whenever I attempt to program, I get the failure message saying Cannot program the TT profile into the pager.

Yeah, but you didn't say how you attempted to do it, so it's difficult to say what you might have overlooked. Anyway, try the above.......

gcopter1

Premium Subscriber
Alright, let's see, I launched PPS, connected the new pager, clicked on E program from existing profile, clicked on next and a screen pops up as seen above.

I clicked on Program and get this...Capture.JPG

N6ML

Alright, let's see, I launched PPS, connected the new pager, clicked on E program from existing profile, clicked on next and a screen pops up as seen above.

I clicked on Program and get this...View attachment 91437

OK, so what you overlooked is the need to convert the profile for your model number. See my original response. Hope it works on a TT profile - never tried that.

N6ML

Maybe it doesn't work for a TT profile then :(

You might try gradually deleting the knob positions and see if it starts working at some point. You may have to delete all of them, but at least (maybe) you can keep your frequencies and groups. I've never worked with the TT setup, so not sure what's different about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.