Corpus Christi Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
Any Truntracker model that is compatible with EDACS will work. The database is correct for Nueces County and Corpus Christi for now.
Something to keep in mind for the future I would consider a P25 Phase 2 scanner for the future system that so far is not online yet..

If you're on Facebook you are welcome to join our local Facegroup group, there are a lot of helpful people that also. here is a link to the group

Welcome to Corpus Christi, Texas

Digitalbill1

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply. I. Have Motorola radios specifc to san francisco. Don't want to program the radios talk groups etc.
So uniden scanner is in my budget.
Regards
Bill

Thank you for the invitation to the group. Unfortunately I gave up Facebook.
I will be moving to cc in a few months. Was there last month took a header and was treated by your emergency services. Great folks.
Bill

gus426

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply. I. Have Motorola radios specifc to san francisco. Don't want to program the radios talk groups etc.
So uniden scanner is in my budget.
Regards
Bill

Thank you for the invitation to the group. Unfortunately I gave up Facebook.
I will be moving to cc in a few months. Was there last month took a header and was treated by your emergency services. Great folks.
Bill
Cool! nice to meet you by the way I'm Gus

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I would recommend any P25 Phase 2 scanner.
I would agree with that. Not only for the Corpus Christi area, but any urban area, regardless of the state. Most of the newer systems coming on line are at least Phase II capable, even though initially most, if not all talkgroups are P25 Phase I.

scanthewaves

I would agree with that. Not only for the Corpus Christi area, but any urban area, regardless of the state. Most of the newer systems coming on line are at least Phase II capable, even though initially most, if not all talkgroups are P25 Phase I.
A couple questions come to mind 1. If I get a phase 2 scanner like the 436hp which I just bought one on here. Anyhow if the county decides to go DES some point in the future a phase 2 scanner won’t make much difference except maybe for the NAS TRS which is a DOD system and as it says on the RR database some TGs may use phase 2. I’ve been able to monitor some TGs on the NAS CC TRS with my 396xlt, albeit I can only hear field operations, air support and Fire Dispatch, No Security Dispatch or it’s TACs, which has some encryption and as I recall if a channel is using DES in a TRS you won’t hear anything at all. So my second question is, is the NAS TRS on phase 1 or 2? I imagine if it’s on or partiall phase 2 that would be the Security Dispatch and Tacs, which may not be encrypted at all times according to the RR database.

gus426

Premium Subscriber
A couple questions come to mind 1. If I get a phase 2 scanner like the 436hp which I just bought one on here. Anyhow if the county decides to go DES some point in the future a phase 2 scanner won’t make much difference except maybe for the NAS TRS which is a DOD system and as it says on the RR database some TGs may use phase 2. I’ve been able to monitor some TGs on the NAS CC TRS with my 396xlt, albeit I can only hear field operations, air support and Fire Dispatch, No Security Dispatch or it’s TACs, which has some encryption and as I recall if a channel is using DES in a TRS you won’t hear anything at all. So my second question is, is the NAS TRS on phase 1 or 2? I imagine if it’s on or partiall phase 2 that would be the Security Dispatch and Tacs, which may not be encrypted at all times according to the RR database.
I have the NAS system programmed in a BCD396XT scanner and a BCD996P2, it's the exact same programming and I only hear groups on the P25 Phase 2 scanner. It's possible it is partial like the Portland system in the area. I only hear Fire calls on the BCD396XT no law but I do hear law on the BCD996P2...

nueces162

When I retired from NAS PD a few years back we had just gone phase 2 - fire and police were full encryption on all groups, fight support, airops/tower, the fuel farm and the aircraft maintenance contractor on the flightline were still in the clear - the last time I listened to them for a while a couple months ago most everything was still dark except a couple of fire groups,a dispatch and a fire alarm service, but the building numbers and locations they were using were not any I knew from our base - took me a while to compare group numbers, building designations and airfield info and figure out they were groups from Pensacola and Mayport for some reason over on our site - also unless they have changed dispatch is not local anymore, dispatch for bases in the southern region was from a center in Mayport - I will check with a couple of people that are still there and see if that is still the case

Digitalbill1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information. Sadly it seems that all will be silent soon may have to rely on citizen app for my on site info. Not the best option but eyes on the scene sometimes. Everyone has phone and start live coverage. Retired news stringer and just enjoy scanner traffic in background. But accuracy of info is based on observers viewpoint. Thanks again
Bill

Digitalbill1

Premium Subscriber
No Gus426 I do not know anything specific to corpus christi emergency services. My info is from a podcast called scanner school and scuttlebutt I here from folks working tv stations and professional news associations that major emergency services will be transitioning to full encryption. Yes I just moved down to Corpus Christi last week still monitoring cc on broadcastfy.
Regards
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.