Corrupt HP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
I blew it! Had my HP1 connected to the computer just to make some changes. Dont ask me why, but when I disconnected my HP 1, I immediately connected the USB to my HP2 and attempted to load the same data into my HP2 without letting the laptop read the HP2.

I am getting the usual SD card warning on the HP2, have pulled the power and SD card multiple times, also reset the button inside the battery compartment.

Still getting SD card error.

Tried to delete user data with Sentinel but nothing happens. Blew up something somewhere, at least the HP2 still turns on.

Any suggestions

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I blew it! Had my HP1 connected to the computer just to make some changes. Dont ask me why, but when I disconnected my HP 1, I immediately connected the USB to my HP2 and attempted to load the same data into my HP2 without letting the laptop read the HP2.

I am getting the usual SD card warning on the HP2, have pulled the power and SD card multiple times, also reset the button inside the battery compartment.

Still getting SD card error.

Tried to delete user data with Sentinel but nothing happens. Blew up something somewhere, at least the HP2 still turns on.

Any suggestions
Have you tried reformatting the card with SDF?
If not, try that, then in Sentinel, use the 'Clear User Data', then do a Write to Home Patrol to reload your data.

If that still does not work, you might have to get a replacement card. One last thing to try: There were comments from another member that his card had gotten corrupted, and the formatting and clear user data was not successful. But he was able to reformat the card in his digital camera. After that, running clear user and rewriting to the scanner worked.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
Tried to clear user data, the radio just sat there and looked at me...nothing happened. Will try the camera idea, if that fails will simply get another SD card. Thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.