Counties have stopped transmitting, Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swilkos

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
40
Reaction score
5
Location
Durham, NC
Can't say for certain as it's out of my range, but check out the VIPER database for these two counties. The Database shows entries for all agencies and I found a few references for Moore County and VIPER in the forums.
 

yardbird

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Messages
1,071
Reaction score
99
Location
Concord, NC
Seems like the frequencies for the following should still be active.

453.150 Mhz. Moore Fire Dispatch 1

453.950 Mhz. Moore Fire Dispatch 2

463.075 Mhz. Moore Ems & Rescue

154.010 Mhz. Lee Fire Dispatch

155.175 Mhz. Central Carolina Ems Dispatch

I have seen ems crews and paid fire departments stop paging across their old conventional dispatch frequencies.

I wouldn't think they would stop paging on conventional frequencies, because not all volunteer fire and ems agencies can afford issuing every member a $5,000.00 dollar digital radio.

Try again and see what happens.

David
 

WA4MJF

Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
509
Reaction score
0
Seems like the frequencies for the following should still be active.

453.150 Mhz. Moore Fire Dispatch 1

453.950 Mhz. Moore Fire Dispatch 2

463.075 Mhz. Moore Ems & Rescue

154.010 Mhz. Lee Fire Dispatch

155.175 Mhz. Central Carolina Ems Dispatch

I have seen ems crews and paid fire departments stop paging across their old conventional dispatch frequencies.

I wouldn't think they would stop paging on conventional frequencies, because not all volunteer fire and ems agencies can afford issuing every member a $5,000.00 dollar digital radio.

Try again and see what happens.

David

AFAIK, the technology to page on trunked systems is not here yet. In Wake, we use two VHF freqs, one for voice and one for digital in Fire Service. DOI requires two, but we do one better with a text on cell phone and so our dept has 3 ways to let us know of a call.
 

cmjonesinc

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
1,494
Reaction score
603
MooCo is full-on P25 on VIPER and has been for many, many months.

Yeah for a long while now for sure. I don't know about their paging, but comms have been viper.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top