• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CPS error code: ecec000c

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffhess

hello,
i've had this cps on my vista computer. it worked good. i recently upgraded my computer to windows 7. today i tried to change some freq in my radio, and recieved the error code "ecec00c". i shut of the radio and turned it back on and tried again. then it says "couldn't open port. check whether devis is powered on or not."

i'm using a rib-less usb cable. i'm also using cps R06.11.10. i'm trying to program my motorola HT1250.

has anyone ever had this happen before?

thanks for any help.

Last edited:

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows 7, the Professional Series CPS will not work properly.

This is well documented and discussed at great length in previous threads here and over on the batboard.

At this time, there is no work around for the problem. Even folks using 32 bit Windows 7 and Vista computers report varying success.

The best hardware for programming using the Professional Series CPS remains a Win98 or XP computer with a real serial port. None of the potential problems using USB to serial converters happen, and the software just plain works on these computers.

fineshot1

hello,
i've had this cps on my vista computer. it worked good. i recently upgraded my computer to windows 7. today i tried to change some freq in my radio, and recieved the error code "ecec00c". i shut of the radio and turned it back on and tried again. then it says "couldn't open port. check whether devis is powered on or not."

i'm using a rib-less usb cable. i'm also using cps R06.11.10. i'm trying to program my motorola HT1250.

has anyone ever had this happen before?

thanks for any help.

I had a similar problem and had to re-install the cps. After that it worked aok.
Something got corrupted and the re-install corrected it.

com501

If the hardware platform is running a 64bit o/s, it won't work no matter what you do. IF it does, please tell us your hardware platform and which o/s you are running.

Strange that 1225 software runs fine on Win7 64bit but HT/CDM cps doesn't......

ffhess

i initally had a 32 bit vista os. when i upgraded my os i installed windows 7 32 bit.
i have tried to uninstall and reinstall. i bought my cable for vista. could the driver for the usb cable not be compatible with win 7?

i have recieved another code after reinstalling for the 5th time. ecec0006. great fun.....

com501

What is the BRAND and model of the USB to serial adapter you are using. Your computer doesn't have a direct hard-wired serial port?

The ATEN UC-232 USB to serial adapter is the most reliable, and it is the one that Kenwood supplies with their programming cables.

Your alternative is a PCMCIA serial card, if your laptop still has the slot for one. I am assuming you have a laptop, since most PCs have a serial port.

Not sure if this helps or not but im using Windows 7 32bit and the software works just fine. I did have to edit the registry to get the software to allow all CPGs from all regions but other than that it works just fine. However, I have yet to upload to the radio thats still being shipped lol

zz0468

QRT
Banned
I have varying degrees of success getting different versions of CPS to run under Windows 7. One thing I've had to do is run under a compatibility mode, such as XP or Win98. And it varies with CPS versions, rev levels, and specific PC's. There seems to be no rhyme or reason behind what works and what doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.