Cram all site trunk freqs into one system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ablice

Hey,

Since the 396T does not support multi-site trunked systems, what would happen if I entered all the freqs into one system?

Here's my subject. San Bernadino County is similar, and San Diego is even larger. Since each TGID can cover different areas/sites based on location, isn't that the same thing to the scanner if i put all trunked freqs into one system? Or would it go wild?

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
As long as you scanner can only hear ONE control channel at at a time it shouldn't be a problem.

Example if your scanner is hearing 489.100 and 489.075 it will still work, however the scanner will stop on whatever Control Frequency is hears first. You could end up listening to a far away control channel that barely comes in. This won't make a difference if you use the scanner at home a lot.

If you are mobile it could pose a problem. You could be listening to a far away control (weak) channel, when you should be listening to the local control (strong) channel.

Last edited:

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Others suggest using a 3 - 1 - 4 - 2 (as in distance from your area) so close sites are not right beside each other

Status
Not open for further replies.