CRPD feed, a real question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signal3and2

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
97
Reaction score
-3
Location
WY
Seeing as how the CRPD feed is now offline, is anybody who's active on our forum thinking about providing it? I live in Benton Co, but I can pull in CRPD fine at my house off my tower, IF I can get a scanner. I was planning on working some OT coming up and buying a new gun, but... who couldn't use a second digital scanner instead, right? I've got a Pro-2096 right now, but it's staying in my truck.

I'm just checking to see if anybody was thinking of taking it over, because if they are, I'll save my money and buy another boom stick instead. Don't want to save the money up and find out that someone else hosted it already :D
 

splash1

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 7, 2005
Messages
429
Reaction score
1
Location
Eastern Iowa
Seeing as how the CRPD feed is now offline, is anybody who's active on our forum thinking about providing it? I live in Benton Co, but I can pull in CRPD fine at my house off my tower, IF I can get a scanner. I was planning on working some OT coming up and buying a new gun, but... who couldn't use a second digital scanner instead, right? I've got a Pro-2096 right now, but it's staying in my truck.

I'm just checking to see if anybody was thinking of taking it over, because if they are, I'll save my money and buy another boom stick instead. Don't want to save the money up and find out that someone else hosted it already :D

Thought about it , but would have to buy a second digital scanner as well. I too was planning an buying another gun at the gun show today if the price was right.

Might add CRPD dispatch to my feed on a temp basis only. Due to it tying up my pro106.

rick
 

Signal3and2

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
97
Reaction score
-3
Location
WY
I found a scanner, I'm leaving for Vegas this week, I should have the feed up towards the beginning of next week if you guys can wait that long :D
 

harrdriv

Member
Joined
May 3, 2003
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
IOWA
Thanks kc0jar!!

Thanks for stepping up and volunteering to supply the feed for CRPD....was really missing it the past several days, matter of fact was considering the purchase of a digital scanner. I think I still am going to purchase a scanner but am trying to decide between the Uniden HP-1 and the GRE 800...thanks to you I will be able to listen to CRPD while trying to decide which scanner I want to purchase.
 

Baley

Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Location
Acworth, GA
Crpd

That is great news, I miss the CRPD feed. You think you will be able to get a good signal from the cars and hand helds from your location?
 

K0JWW

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
Fairfax, Iowa
CRPD Feed

I am a few miles south of the North Tower (Marion) in SE Cedar Rapids. I also set up a feed once before. I could easily set up one with the BCD996T I have. Why did the previous feed get discontinued? I have a computer tower I could use.I just need to re-establish the connection between computer and scanner. I did Windows Media Encoder. I just need to know how to set one up for Radio Reference.

My signal is so good, I can detach the antenna outside from the scanners and still get a minimal signal. My antenna is the base version of a Max Systems 800 MHz antenna and I am on 2nd floor of my home.
 

harrdriv

Member
Joined
May 3, 2003
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
IOWA
Kb0kgh....

that would be great if you could start a feed to the CRPD from your location in Marion! Been missing out on a lot of action since it was discontinued. Hopefully someone in the know directs you on how to set it up with RRef. Thank you!
 

K0JWW

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
Fairfax, Iowa
Crpd

Actually, I'm from SE Cedar Rapids. The north tower for the Cedar Rapids TRS is in Marion at Lindale and Blairs Ferry. I think I only need a few components as far as hardware, but should be inexpensive. The software end and how to put it on RR, that's what I really need to know. I take the antenna off of my scanners outside, and I'm still receiving the signal. I was receiving it as far out as the Tama/Benton Line. They designed a good system that can be received well from many places. My location is probably the most optimal.

If someone can contact me as to how to set up the feed through RR, I would appreciate it. I've set one up through Windows Media Encoder before and would be using a BCD996T in order to cover the Cedar Rapids TRS.
 

timkilbride

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 9, 2006
Messages
1,911
Reaction score
69
Location
Linn Co Iowa
Actually, I'm from SE Cedar Rapids. The north tower for the Cedar Rapids TRS is in Marion at Lindale and Blairs Ferry. I think I only need a few components as far as hardware, but should be inexpensive. The software end and how to put it on RR, that's what I really need to know. I take the antenna off of my scanners outside, and I'm still receiving the signal. I was receiving it as far out as the Tama/Benton Line. They designed a good system that can be received well from many places. My location is probably the most optimal.

If someone can contact me as to how to set up the feed through RR, I would appreciate it. I've set one up through Windows Media Encoder before and would be using a BCD996T in order to cover the Cedar Rapids TRS.

PM Sent
 

IowaGuy1603

Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2006
Messages
997
Reaction score
1
Location
Jones County Iowa
Actually, I'm from SE Cedar Rapids. The north tower for the Cedar Rapids TRS is in Marion at Lindale and Blairs Ferry. I think I only need a few components as far as hardware, but should be inexpensive. The software end and how to put it on RR, that's what I really need to know. I take the antenna off of my scanners outside, and I'm still receiving the signal. I was receiving it as far out as the Tama/Benton Line. They designed a good system that can be received well from many places. My location is probably the most optimal.

If someone can contact me as to how to set up the feed through RR, I would appreciate it. I've set one up through Windows Media Encoder before and would be using a BCD996T in order to cover the Cedar Rapids TRS.

Jason

I see Tim sent you a pm---------he knows what he is talking about!!!!!!!

pm or email me if you have any questions about the former feed provider

kc0lgb
 

K0JWW

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
Fairfax, Iowa
I'm going to work on setting up the CR Public Safety Feed this weekend and go for supplies. Thankfully, the local Radio Shack should have the components or they're already in my possession. I may not have the tags initially. My main focus is to get the audio up and also apply to put the feed on RR. I have class for my PC Tech program, so that is my main priority. I apologize in advance, but I have to focus on that. When I do finally get it set up, it should be relatively easy to tweak and troubleshoot. I hope to have it up at the end of next week at the earliest. If I run into difficulties, 2 weeks.
 

Signal3and2

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 3, 2005
Messages
97
Reaction score
-3
Location
WY
Good thing I went through the trouble of finding a scanner and setting up a second computer to supply the feed............
 

timkilbride

Member
Database Admin
Joined
Feb 9, 2006
Messages
1,911
Reaction score
69
Location
Linn Co Iowa
Why don't one of you set up to scan PD and the other set up to scan FD & Ambulance.

That would cut down on the stuff on each feed

I like that idea. Frankly, the current setup with just F1 & F2 your going to miss a ton of stuff!. The original call will go out on F1, then dispatch advises what channel to respond on, ect. . Dispatch always moves an event to F2,F4, or F5. Same goes for Fire.

Tim K.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top