CSP map/boundaries

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
I got my hand on some shapefiles for CSP troop boundaries and office locations. I made a map of it all and have uploaded it to the wiki (look on the wiki page where the other CSP map and info is). The sender of the shapefiles said the dataset is from 2021. The differences I see between the old and new map right off the bat are the troop boundaries in Boulder County between Troops 3C and 1D & 1C and 3D where the old map shows 1C extending east from the Douglas County line into Elbert County.

The new map with office locations, per the sender, may not be accurate either (thinking some offices may be closed or consolidated with others).

So, the map may be a work in progress with some help from the RRDB users. Any help or comments are appreciated.

-Randy

crazy88

Premium Subscriber
Looks good. Just an observation though, when looking at the Colorado database map, and selecting 'CO State Patrol" on the right menu, and then selecting "wiki" from the drop down menu, it leads to a page which says "There is currently no text in this page"

The Colorado State Patrol page you created is only found by searching "Colorado State Patrol" on the wiki portion of this website. I have no idea how to fix that.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Looks good. Just an observation though, when looking at the Colorado database map, and selecting 'CO State Patrol" on the right menu, and then selecting "wiki" from the drop down menu, it leads to a page which says "There is currently no text in this page"

The Colorado State Patrol page you created is only found by searching "Colorado State Patrol" on the wiki portion of this website. I have no idea how to fix that.
Yes, the wiki page thing is not ideal. I could put another copy of the map on the CSP wiki page. Or link back to the current page.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
The map looks good, but there are a couple of things that could make it better. It looks like the current version is shifted slightly downward and is not centered. You could also get rid of the white spacing on the left and right sides to make it look better for someone trying to check the map on mobile.

There is a specific button to "Upload a new version of this file" if you access the file directly on the wiki. It is great for uploading a new version of the existing map with less work involved because it automatically updates the file for any pages that it is used on. The wiki admins tend to dislike when files are orphaned and not used on a wiki page.

As for the wiki linking issue, we had someone come through a few years ago and rename several of the database pages that broke the wiki page link. I opted to redirect to the current page in this case.

Troop

Couple things,

3D, 3B are dispatched out of Pueblo and Troop 1B no longer exists (again....for now). the E470 Tollway is covered by 1C Troopers

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
Couple things,

3D, 3B are dispatched out of Pueblo and Troop 1B no longer exists (again....for now). the E470 Tollway is covered by 1C Troopers
Very good info. Pueblo has a pretty large geographic area of responsibility. What I found difficult with this project was using the CSP website as a source of info,,,,knowing that it may not be quite right. Example, shows District 3 is dispatch by Denver. And 1B/1C are based at Castle Rock.

-Randy

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
The map looks good, but there are a couple of things that could make it better. It looks like the current version is shifted slightly downward and is not centered. You could also get rid of the white spacing on the left and right sides to make it look better for someone trying to check the map on mobile.

There is a specific button to "Upload a new version of this file" if you access the file directly on the wiki. It is great for uploading a new version of the existing map with less work involved because it automatically updates the file for any pages that it is used on. The wiki admins tend to dislike when files are orphaned and not used on a wiki page.

As for the wiki linking issue, we had someone come through a few years ago and rename several of the database pages that broke the wiki page link. I opted to redirect to the current page in this case.
Thanks for the tips. I'll work on the white space issue.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber

I got rid of some of the white space. Not sure how it would look on a phone. Even though I have a phone. :confused: