Current CHP coverage map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB6KGX

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Before anyone says such as this question being asked and answered “six years ago”, yes… I know there is a CHP coverage map, for the greater Los Angles area, which was published on the freqofnature website. However, that map was last updated in 2004, and there have been some changes since then. Someone posted that there was “another map on the CHP Wiki page”, but I haven’t been able to find it. Can anyone help me find that?

I would like to know precisely where each division begins and ends, and not only that, but which “beats” are which, which unit covers which stretch of road. The editor of the “Southern California” section of the old RCMA newsletter would publish these kinds of maps. Unfortunately, I no longer have those issues.

PaulNDaOC

I have never seen an all-inclusive list of beat info anywhere after googling extensively for it.

There are a good number of threads on this site where it is discussed and info traded if you sear ch for it.

Locally I am aware of a significant boundary switch between Springs and Baldwin Park.

Springs being the busiest office in the state by far has ceded SR60 from the county line west to around the 57 freeway to Baldwin Park. I thing the cutoff might be Fairway.

Baldwin Park is now handling the 57 into at least Diamond Bar and I think all the way to Orange County.

I heard not too long ago CHP/Springs used to have units that went 10-8 from Walnut Sheriff's station because of the distance and activity level and I'm not sure what the status of that is now.

bigcatmotorhead

Premium Subscriber
Pic of chp coverage by office and color of the radio channels used

Here is a pic that I use to keep track of what office covers what freeway. The color indicates the chp channel for that office

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 2,781

KB6KGX

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Here is a pic that I use to keep track of what office covers what freeway. The color indicates the chp channel for that office

This is the same map that is posted on freqofnature. But the date on this map is “2004”. Is there a more recent updated coverage map, that identifies the actual physical area limits? I’ve read here that some areas have changed in in their coverage area recently.

Also, this map does not identify specifically where the coverage area LIMITS are. For example, looking at I-10, it is difficult to tell where “Central” ends and “West LA” begins.

oracavon

This is the same map that is posted on freqofnature. But the date on this map is “2004”. Is there a more recent updated coverage map, that identifies the actual physical area limits? I’ve read here that some areas have changed in in their coverage area recently.

Also, this map does not identify specifically where the coverage area LIMITS are. For example, looking at I-10, it is difficult to tell where “Central” ends and “West LA” begins.

In addition to that, it includes a number of details which weren't accurate even when it was first created. However, I've never found anything newer or better, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.