D.E.P on CSP System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portable14

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I wasn't sure whether or not to include this in the other CSP thread in the connecticut forum, So I just started a new thread. Does anyone know if D.E.P. will be getting any channels on the CSP state-wide system? I heard rumors, But that's all I've heard.

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
The DMV Inspectors (Police) have their own Talkgroup. It wouldn't surprise me if the DEP Game Wardens got a talkgroup.

KB1JHU

Though there is always the possibility of them getting a talkgroup, I doubt it would be used that much. The EnCon officers all have CSP radios but most keep the volume down because they can't stand how the audio sounds. They would still have to maintain the low band system as well since DEP doesn't get enough money to outfit Park & Forest vehicles with new radios and park staff like to have direct contact with the officers.

cg

Premium Subscriber
They currently have the low band mobiles and the high band portables. The high band portables are patched to low band via vehicle repeaters. They could certainly run the 800 radio through another vehicle repeater to a separate VHF HI channel. This would give them both options. The only downside would be $$$$$.

chris

KB1JHU

The mobile extender setup is a joke. For the most part, they have Pyramid SVR-200's which can be set up with a hierarchy so if there is more than one on, only one will be active to prevent interference problems. Unfortunately there are at least a few Midland 70-0520CWB's floating around with the VHF-hi extender built in which doesn't have the same hierarchy logic. There have been a number of times on busy days in the parks where the extenders were just beeping like crazy trying to shut each other off and it not working because someone didn't set it up correctly or with the midland setup you would have 2 extenders going at the same time causing all sorts of noise on the portables or angering dispatch when they hear the same thing on 2 separate low band channels. On top of those issues, they don't get nearly the range they need in some areas. Because of how far out into the woods EnCon officers have to go at times, they would be better off with a system set up to provide full portable coverage in park & forest areas, where most remote area hunting & fishing occurs, so they can stay in contact when they are out doing hunting & fishing checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.