Dane County Sheriff vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The federal DOT Manual on Uniform Traffic Control devices says warning dangerous road conditions ahead have to be yellow and black. So I suppose someone applied that reasoning when it came to the back of police car stripes. Makes sense to me, whether or not a speeder has been pulled over, I consider the presence of a police car a dangerous to my wallet road condition.

They also say that flourescent yellow-green shows up the best in low light and fog conditions. So I wouldn't be oversurprised if at some point police cars may be sporting that color on the bumper stripes.

zackhenderson

The Dane County SO cars I have seen recently (NW precinct) have been the gold color, but I don't know if they changed colors. It's funny how often oddities like this happen, and nobody's quite sure why ;). I personally think that either design is good, compared to the bright white SPPD cars (Sun Prairie)-you can see them coming from a mile away. At least they replaced their "undercover" car with something more covert...the old car was bright blue, windows without a bit of tint, big blue rotating light on the dash, toughbook screen open, and the tell tale ten antennas...also could see that thing from a mile away.

The bumper bumblebee stripes are being seen on cars all over the area, and I guess they make sense. If it reduces crashes, so be it, if not, we're still prepared.

CPD38-do you know Sgt. Blackdeer? I've had the chance to speak with him for a cable access program a few years ago, and he was very knowledgeable and helpful. The Capitol Police force seems to be full of class acts! :)

Last edited:

cpd38

Premium Subscriber
re.

Yes---he is our deputy chief now. He promoted last winter to the #2 spot in the department.

CPD38-do you know Sgt. Blackdeer? I've had the chance to speak with him for a cable access program a few years ago, and he was very knowledgeable and helpful. The Capitol Police force seems to be full of class acts! :)[/QUOTE]

SCPD

QRT
Our police dept down here in Elkhorn has been doing this, and I'm looking into doing this on our ambulances and fire apparatus. Not a bad idea if it can prevent crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.