Data and non-voice decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

spadoinkle

Hello, I was curious how many folks decode data and non-voice transmissions with their scanners/HT's. And also, what kinds of transmissions do people decode? RTTY, weatherfax, slow-scan tv, ect. I do decode some data and just hadn't seem much active discussion of it anywhere (yet). More information to follow if a few people raise their hands ;).

pinetree

The best program I have found is Multipsk It will decode all of the above. You only need to plug the sound output from your radio to your computer. It may take a bit of practice to get it working right but it is worth it.

spadoinkle

Mostly what I'm interested in is what types of data people decode. What I'm getting at is a project I've been working on. It seems to be fairly common for people to stream audio scanner feeds via shoutcast/icecast to the internet, what if there was a way to do something similar with decoded data feeds? (aka text data) Would anyone be interested in a method of doing this?

Basically what I have works very much like IRC, except from within the "chat channel" you can subscribe to multiple other channels or frequencies to listen to. Remote users can connect to your system and share all of their "channels" with you and vice versa. You would also have the ability to create filtered channels that would only have lines of text that contained key words and such.

I don't have anything that is user-friendly enough to give out yet, but if there was some interest I would have more incentive to share it with others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.