Database Contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerPaul

I would like to contribute information that I have collected in the County of Kern but when I submit them the moderator basically tells me I copy them from the F.C.C The call sign and other information is copied but frequency and name data are verified through scanner and obvious key words heard on the frequency.
Can somebody help me understand how to turn this in, in a acceptable manner? I would like this information to be on my counties database so that I could upload easier from Radio Reference.
Thank You in advance.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I just took a look at your submissions, and they are definitely lacking in detail. You cannot simply dump all of the frequencies from an FCC license into a submission; a much greater level of detail is required.

For one thing, you have submitted both the repeater outputs and inputs on separate lines, which is a glaring red flag when an admin looks at the submission. You haven't included any PL or DPL tones for analog frequencies, or NAC for P25, etc. You haven't given any specific info as to what each frequency is being used for, such as "Police Dispatch" or "Loading Dock Operations" or "Security Operations" etc.

Please refer to the following wiki articles that explain in better detail and give examples of how a submission should look.

Reconrider

I just took a look at your submissions, and they are definitely lacking in detail. You cannot simply dump all of the frequencies from an FCC license into a submission; a much greater level of detail is required.
It takes a lot of work to search the FCC ;)

ScannerPaul

I appreciate your feed back and submitted a couple frequencies I know well, hoping the format is correct so that I can update my county a little better.

ScannerPaul

It takes a lot of work to search the FCC ;)
It takes a little more work to read the thread...like the part where i said ( The call sign and other information is copied but frequency and name data are verified) But Hey thank you for the comment...

Status
Not open for further replies.