Database downloads,

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
When downloading a trunked digital p25 system from RR I want to exclude encrypted talkgroups, However when I download I end up with encrypted talkgroups. Discovered that some talkgroups are coded DE in the database which I assume means split encryption/non encryption .I am in Rhode Island where most every police agency is encrypted. How can I exclude encrypted from downloading if coded DE. Using Win500 software. The system is RISCON.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Discovered that some talkgroups are coded DE in the database which I assume means split encryption/non encryption .I am in Rhode Island .

A capitol "E" means full time encryption.
A small "e" means split, or part time encryption.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
D = FDMA
T = TDMA
E = Full time encryption
e = Partial/Part time encryption

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
Can someone please explain why, if a talkgroup is encrypted full time, it is necessary to also code it as FDMA when it's illegal to decode it?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Can someone please explain why, if a talkgroup is encrypted full time, it is necessary to also code it as FDMA when it's illegal to decode it?
The legality of decoding encryption has absolutely nothing to do with how the information is presented in the database. If the talkgroup is FDMA, we note that. If it is TDMA, we note that as well. Whether encryption is also in use has no bearing on the foundational modulation of the talkgroup. In fact, every trunked talkgroup for a P25 system must include something in that column, the default being simply D for "Digital", which made a bit more sense before TDMA came along. Prior to TDMA coming on the scene, it was enough to simply flag a talkgroup as D noting digital modulation, as opposed to A for analog (think Motorola Type II systems).

In any event, if Win500 is not properly excluding encrypted talkgroups, that is an issue with the software, not the RR database. It should allow you to filter out any talkgroups that have encryption noted, be it e for part-time or E for full-time, regardless of whether they are D or T modulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.