DE Fire & EMS Station Numbering

Status
Not open for further replies.

colliers_628

Hi,
Out of the 3 counties in Delaware, these are al the station numbers that i was able to find. I'm just wondering if there are any additions, deletions, corrections, half right, all wrong, etc. thanks for your help

Kent County
Dover Fire Dept.
1- E4, E6, E7, L2, R1, BR9, Marine 1
2- E2, E3, L1, U1

Fire & EMS Station Numbering
40- Bowers
41- Camden-Wyoming
42- Carlisle (Milford)
43- Cheswold
44- Smyrna- Citizens
45- Clayton
46- Dover- Robbins
47- Farmington
48- Felton
49- Federica
50- Harrington
51- Hartley
52- Houston
53- Leipsic
54- Little Creek
55- Magnolia
56- Marydel
57- South Bowers Beasch
58- Dover AFB
63- Metro EMS of Dover
64- Smyrna-Clayton American Legion EMS
66- Smyrna EMS
67- Dover EMS
68- Harrington EMS

Kent County EMS
Medic 5 Dover
Medic 6 Smyma
Medic 7 Dover
Medic 8 Harrington
Medic 9 Dover

New Castle County
Wilmington Fire Dept.
1- SQ1, R2, Spec Ops 1
2- Skyboom 2, E102, L103, M8
3- SQ3, E103, R3, Spec Ops 3
4- SQRT4, E104, L1
5- E5, R6
6- E6, TL2, HM6
7- Fireboat7

1- Middletown
2- Mill Creek
3- Christiana
4- Odessa
6- Christaina
7- Newark- Aetna
8- Newark- Aetna
9- Newark- Aetna
10- Newark- Aetna
11- Brandywine Hundred
12- Christiana
13- Claymont
14- Cranston Heights
15- Delaware City
16- Elsmere
17- Five Points
18- New Castle- Goodwill
19- Hockessin
20- Holloway Terrace
21- Mill Creek
22- Minquadale
23- Minquas- Newport
24- Odessa
25- Talleyville
26- Townsend
27- Middletown
28- Milmington Manor
29- Port Penn
30- Belvedre
32- Wilmington Manor
33- Delaware Air National Guard
34- Valero Refinery
35- Dupont
37- Christiana Hospital
38- Winterthur Museum

New Castle County EMS
Medic 1- Wilmington
Medic 2- New Castle
Medic 3- Wilmington
Medic 4- Wilmington
Medic 5- Middletown
Medic 6- Newark
Medic 7- Wilmington
Medic 8- Wilmington
Medic 9- Newark
Medic 20- New Castle

Sussex County
70- Bethany Beach
71- Blades
72- Bridgeville
73- Dagsboro
74- Delmar
75- Ellendale
76- Frankford
77- Georgetown
78- Greenwood
79- Gumboro
80- Indian River
81- Laurel
82- Lewes
83- Millsboro
84- Millville
85- Milton
86- Rehobeth Beach
87- Seaford
88- Selbyville
89- Saughter Beach
90- Roxana
91- Mid-Sussex Rescue Squad
93- Georgetown EMS

Sussex Co. EMS
101- Lincoln
102- Laurel
103- Dagsboro
104- Rehoboth
105- Frankford
106- Millsboro
107- Bridgeville
108- Georgetown
200- Seaford

NCCEOG

Just a few "housekeeping" items -

although it is retired/not used anymore - New Castle County 31 - is Claymont (substation)

and for the NCC Medics - 3 should be Newark - 4 is out of Brandywine Hundred (Sta 11)/north Wilmington-
7 is out of Cranston Heights (sta 14) while Wilmington is correct someone may want to call it different -

Medic 10 - would be a full shift/special event medic and Medic 20 (although I dont remember it recently) would be special event as well.

Then there are als the ALS 11-XX which are Paramedic supervisors (lower numbers are the LTs and then Sgts.) ALS 28/29 traditionally is an acting supervisor

EMS 1,2,3 - Chef and Deputy Chiefs of NCCEMS

Willmington - Marine 8 is in the water at station 7

Sussex County EMS 100/200 are shift supervisors (100 east/200 west) I forget what call signs Bob and the office staff are using now, someone will have to help me on that one.
Medic 109 would be the "power" medic - usually on the east side (Rehoboth/Dewey/Bethany) during the summer - is usually only a one medic unit (always needs to be backed up)

and for the kent medics, they use "KM" as the ID to be seperate from NCC - they used to be 61, 62, 63, 64 but the rumor is someone did not want to be medic 69....... so they changed over to KM1, 2, 3 etc.

and I do not know how far you want to go - but aviation -
Trooper 4 (DSP) - Summit/Middletown
Trooper 2 (DSP) - Georgetown

Life Net 61 - Christiana Hospital
Life Net 62 - Georgetown

Sorry to be so long and I hope this helps.

kc2wtj

im new to the area just moved here ....can u explain a little more on how the fire and ems are dispatched ....tones? or another way? i got the station numbering down i just have to remember what station is which......how do i know what the are responding with ladder, engine, chief, or line officers. also i have an iphone , how can i listen to dsp? on the pc its not a problem cause it has adobe on my iphone doesnt have anything...please help

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Please if you have any updates, put them in the wiki - otherwise these changes will eventually scroll off and are lost.

Anyone can edit almost any page in the wiki - if you need help, please ask...Mike

NCCEOG

Sorry, I was typing too fast - Lifenet in Georgetown is 6-4 not 6-2... if I could only figure out how to edit a post.......

n7lxi

Premium Subscriber

vetejy8a.jpg
Just a few other additions…

Sussex County medics will often put up the second truck at a station. For example, Medic 101's reserve truck with a single medic will become Medic 111.

EMS 100, the Eastside supervisor, is based out of medic station 104.

EMS 200, the Westside supervisor, is in a single medic unit station in Blades.

The special operations unit for Sussex County lives at Medic 103, in the special operations garage. The hazmat truck, special operations SUV, the gator, the golf carts, the MedSurg truck, and all of the various decon trailers and bike team stuff.

neve8y2y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Sorry for any spelling errors.

Last edited:

whatevah

im new to the area just moved here ....can u explain a little more on how the fire and ems are dispatched ....tones? or another way? i got the station numbering down i just have to remember what station is which......how do i know what the are responding with ladder, engine, chief, or line officers. also i have an iphone , how can i listen to dsp? on the pc its not a problem cause it has adobe on my iphone doesnt have anything...please help

For fire... Typically tones to set off pagers and station sirens and then voice dispatch. Occasionally they'll call the station directly on the "red phone" and if a crew is available they will do a voice dispatch only. For EMS, it depends... EMS crews during the day are typically "on radio" so they'll get voice dispatch only... if "off radio" they have a tone to set off their pagers followed by voice dispatch. Secondary to all this is short messages sent via text messages/email, detailed messages sent to station printers and EMS units have laptops for communicating directly to dispatch (this is why you might not hear an ambulance go "on scene").

For apparatus, there are named and numbered units. Haz-mat, Ladder, U(tility), Rescue, S(norkel)B(oom), Special Ops, Squad, Squrt, Tanker, Tower. For numbering, you'll see things like 9-5, 2-7, 12-6... All the -5s I've seen are Engines, -6s are Rescue/Engines and -7s are Quints. And -0s are brush trucks. If you hear something like 9-5Alpha, that's a crew member. Rear crew are phonetic call signs, front seats are "driver" and "officer". Not sure if there is an official numbering system in the county or not... Ambulances are A,B,C-# except in Wilmington where they are PA-# for the St Francis 911 rigs.

For other station signs, chiefs are #-8, deputies are Deputy-#, assistance chiefs are #-8b,-8c. Fire police are #-9,-9a,-9b,-9c,-9d,-9e. Also Safety-#. #-Captain (only one per station) #-Lieutenant-1,2 EMS-# (basically deputy chief over EMS), EMS Captain-#, EMS Lieutenant-#. Wilmington Fire is a little different, and I've never bothered trying to figure it out since I don't listen to them very often. :)

I probably missed some stuff, but that should certainly get you started.

n7lxi

Premium Subscriber

In addition, in Sussex County, Motorola quick call II tones only set off pagers. House sirens are controlled by DTMF. Most responders also receive the pages on their phone as a text message, and Sussex County paramedics also carry a commercial alpha pager.

If anyone has specific Sussex County questions, ask and I can probably give you the answer… Or find out

MCMD5

Premium Subscriber
In addition, in Sussex County, Motorola quick call II tones only set off pagers. House sirens are controlled by DTMF. Most responders also receive the pages on their phone as a text message, and Sussex County paramedics also carry a commercial alpha pager.

If anyone has specific Sussex County questions, ask and I can probably give you the answer… Or find out

Does Bethany Beach use alpha pagers or just voice pagers? Just wondering because I have never heard a house siren go off for any call so I assume they don't use one.

n7lxi

Premium Subscriber

ALL of the fire companies use voice pagers. I think only medics carry alpha pagers. I also don't know if 70 uses a house siren. Maybe only for working fires? Listen on 453.7000 for a DTMF string after the pager tones.

CommJunkie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B141 Safari/8536.25)

What do the letters mean after NCC medic units? All of the "B" medics went in service at 0800 (Medic 1B, 3B, etc). Is it the platoon they're on?

Status
Not open for further replies.