DE trunking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb3j

Hello all...

I am slowly, as time permits, learning the ins & outs of the trunking systems. I've gotten some help from members here along with the wiki here. I appreciate the help.

I am using ARC996 software for my BC996 scanner. I'm hearing a lot of communications, but it's always bits and pieces. I rarely hear PD being dispatched, the trooper answering, arriving, clearing, etc. I'll hear the start of the dispatch but never the complete event.

So, I'm still thinking I don't have exactly what I need programmed. I have imported systems from RR for the talk groups & freqs. Looking at the software, there are a couple of options which I hope are similar to other software, and I could use some clarification on suggested settings.

This is what I have setup, after importing:

For my system name, I have Kent DE 800
System type: Motorola type 2/P25
Channel delay time is 2 seconds

Under trunk system parameters, I have:
ID search mode selected. I have changed this to ID scan mode on the scanner on occasion.
There is an option labeled "Icall" Options are on off & only. It defaults to off (I have no idea on this)
End code option - defaults to "ignore" --I left it there.
There is a checkbox for "status bit" ---it is unchecked.

Under the Sites tab I have these settings:

System type - Motorola type 2 800mhz standard is selected. There are several other system types in this drop down box. They are Motorola type 2 800mhz splinter, type 2 VHF, type 2 UHF Type 2 900 mhz standard, and Motorola Apco 25

Also under the sites tab I have a system hold time of 2 seconds.....modulation type is auto, Apco 25 threshold is auto and 8.

I can't find it right now, but somewhere in the software under the trunk systems was an option for a checkbox to select "control channel only". I don't recall if I have that checked or not.

I appreciate any suggestions on the preferred setting that you may have. I've read as much as time permitts...I've played with several settings, changed them around, and have got some success in hearing some transmissions. It seems hit and miss....I would think something is not set to the optimum settings.

Since the systems get imported into the ARC996 software for my scanner, I haven't changed the settings a whole lot. When I've changed them a bit, I haven't noticed a big change.

'73

Jim
wb3j

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I am not an old timer here but I will try to help you out. I have the same set-up and the only thing that is not the same is I have the end code on and status bit is on (as someone on this forum explained to me if the status bit is not on you won't get the proper talk group ID). The only other thing might be is that you might have weather alert or close call turned on that would be pausing your reception. Kent and Sussex I can pick up from South Jersey, Have never been able to pick up New Castle.

wb3j

thanks...I'm hearing New Castle...some of the state pd, but I'm not able to hear the town I live in. Go figure..

Jim

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
There is a lot of encryption in Delaware's TRS, I can here DSP dispatch just fine, Most fire and EMS. But troopers talking to the barracks and car to car is almost aways encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.