Dea

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
DEA Ops on 418.7500 MHz just had a car chase by the SA airport. Evidently were following the guy and he got in a wreck and fled on foot. They chased him down and caught him. Looking for "lost goods."

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Wreck was at Broadway and Wetmore. The "lost goods" was money on Loop 410. About over already...

TXEMT

they were in the open or P25? also the DEA primary repeater channel is 418.625 havent heared anything on that in a long time, was this repeated or simplex?

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
They were in the open, probably on some low power hand-helds as I'm on the other side of the airport and could only hear the people on Wetmore and Broadway. The agents on 410 were not heard until they had recovered the cash and were on their way to the wreck scene.

Here's the web address to the story:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/crime/stories/MYSA.070308.1A.FreeMoney..407dd29.html

Don't know how to make that a link... copy and paste.

TXEMT

Cool, thanks have not heard any DEA ops in long time, heard the repeater active on 418.625 this morning but it was all ecrypt and some P25

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Yeah I've been hearing 418.625 pop up this morning and a little in the past also- all encrypted. Thought it was crazy, had just reprogrammed one of my Pro-95s, flipped it on and that's the first freq that popped up- I thought no way. Sure enough wish I had been on 410 when the money was thrown out... so I could have turned in the evidence...;-)

davidbond21

The money that was recovered was over $100,000 in cash. They had to stop traffic on Loop 410 right there to recover it. Awesome hearing this happen in real time. I felt sorry for the dude, but if you have the DEA following you, well, you just got bigger problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.