AR5000 Decoding DMR , Fusion, Dstar AOR AR 5000A+3

Twobiaz

Question from a newbie, I have recently bought a second hand AOR AR5000A+3 in mint condition. Very pleased with the reception on HF, VHF, especially on Air band. Unfortunately i miss the availability to decode the digital modes. VHF/UHF DMR particullary, What is the best option to get for decoding from the if out 10.7 Mhz bnc socket? Buy an DV1 and decode the income signals or try to get a AOR D300 unit? I have a DV10 where i have tried to put in 10,7mhz on and in auto mode, but no succes there. I Have done this with my ICOM IC R8600 as well but doesent work with the DV10. Please help me out here what is the best option.
Regards Tobias

kdeke

The most probable reason that dv10 doesn't work for 10,7 on DMR, is that the AOR IF out spectrum is inverted. DV1 allows for inversion, DV10 doesn't. The cheapest way would be to try connecting the 10,7Mhz out to an rtl-sdr v4 (v4 does hf) or an rtl-sdr v3 (in direct sampling using Qbranch), together with sdr# and use the add-on decoders and/or pipe the audio into other apps such as dsdplus. Sdr# also allows for spectrum inversion if required. Please note, what you don't get on the radio, you won't get on 10.7 either..