Decoding NXDN on Blog v4 help

xkingxkaosx

Premium Subscriber
Greetings!

I apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong place. I scoured bot forums of RR, Reddit, Google searching including Youtube but decided to post here as this place has the required knowledge for what I am trying to do - if it is possible.

I have an RTL-SDR Blog v4 connected to my PC while the opposite end, the dongle is safely outside with antennas pointing eastward in the sky. The USB connection is 30FT and took mew a few weeks to make various tests to get this setup perfect. Works great for analog or ads-b but I was searching to see if I was able to pick up my area's law enforcement and noticed they are mostly using NXDN48 ( it is a small county and they all share frequencies with Whitesburg or Jenkins ) - Letcher County, Kentucky (KY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference . State police is using P25 which I know would work with DSD+ but need two dongles so I am only worried about NXDN for now.

I was going to purchase Uniden SDS100 ( possibly the SDS200 ) but Google brought me articles that this can be done with SDR.

I am using SDR# Studio v1920 with latest version of DSD+ with Fastlane. My first issue is when setting SDR# to use my virtual audio cable, and set up my PC to listen, I get nothing. No sound. If I run DSD+ it does recognize the Virtual Audio Cable input and Output and do see it trying to do something, but I am unable to hear anything. I even switched my RTL-SDR mini sink to use the same virtual audio cable and I am able to hear sound. I use this setup to stream NOAA Weather Radio for Eastern Kentucky. I have 3 different virtual audio cables and tried all three but still no sound. Played around with squelch and same issue.

I am pretty sure I am doing something wrong or maybe it is working but still dont know enough yet, I am not sure. Pretty sure There needs to be sound to where I can verify if this is working or not. If anybody can provide a good tutorial on this much will be appreciated! Also any feedback or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

sunwave

Premium Subscriber
Greetings!

I apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong place. I scoured bot forums of RR, Reddit, Google searching including Youtube but decided to post here as this place has the required knowledge for what I am trying to do - if it is possible.

I have an RTL-SDR Blog v4 connected to my PC while the opposite end, the dongle is safely outside with antennas pointing eastward in the sky. The USB connection is 30FT and took mew a few weeks to make various tests to get this setup perfect. Works great for analog or ads-b but I was searching to see if I was able to pick up my area's law enforcement and noticed they are mostly using NXDN48 ( it is a small county and they all share frequencies with Whitesburg or Jenkins ) - Letcher County, Kentucky (KY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference . State police is using P25 which I know would work with DSD+ but need two dongles so I am only worried about NXDN for now.

I was going to purchase Uniden SDS100 ( possibly the SDS200 ) but Google brought me articles that this can be done with SDR.

I am using SDR# Studio v1920 with latest version of DSD+ with Fastlane. My first issue is when setting SDR# to use my virtual audio cable, and set up my PC to listen, I get nothing. No sound. If I run DSD+ it does recognize the Virtual Audio Cable input and Output and do see it trying to do something, but I am unable to hear anything. I even switched my RTL-SDR mini sink to use the same virtual audio cable and I am able to hear sound. I use this setup to stream NOAA Weather Radio for Eastern Kentucky. I have 3 different virtual audio cables and tried all three but still no sound. Played around with squelch and same issue.

I am pretty sure I am doing something wrong or maybe it is working but still dont know enough yet, I am not sure. Pretty sure There needs to be sound to where I can verify if this is working or not. If anybody can provide a good tutorial on this much will be appreciated! Also any feedback or suggestions is greatly appreciated.
DSDPlus FL doesn't need any sort of virtual audio routing at all. In your DSDPlus FL folder run 1R.bat and FMP24.bat. Reserve SDR Sharp for non trunking signals. It will decode NXDN.