Delaware Unication Fire Alerting

KB3PTP

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have a Unication G5 that they have successfully set up for alerting on the NCC paging frequency (453.300).
I understand the tones are Plectron (not sure if Fast Plectron or not).

Would anyone be willing to post their Unication G5 profile, so I could import it into the Unication G Series PPS. It would give me a great starting point to then modify the tones, etc. I've located the Fire and Crew tones on the WiKi.
Thanks!

coopermj

Mike
Premium Subscriber
I've attached the csv export from my one of my G5 profiles. It has all the NCC tones (usually each station has four sets), and also Harford county Maryland and a few for the beach. Of course, the Harford and Sussex county paging frequencies would also have to be added to your G5 profile, if you wanted to try them. If not, just edit the file and delete what you're not interested in.

As everyone knows, NCC is the only county that transmit tones over 800. Kent and Sussex rely only on their separate paging frequencies for alerting. I just finished building a 2 tone table for use with the 700/800 side of the G4 or G5 based on NCC tones. Cecil county MD has been using this method since they moved to MD FIRST back in June of 2019. They discarded their VHF paging frequency in lieu of using the trunking system for alerting. The only thing I have noticed when building the NCC tone table for 800 is that the tones are very specific whereby the Unication tone setup uses a range and you select that particular range when it matches the specific tone. What I found is that there are duplicates that were created when setting all this up and the pager could alert for more than one station. The Plectron tones NCC fireboard & stations use have been in use for years. I have no idea if NCC will continue to transmit alert tones over the new system or follow the other two counties and just alert on UHF. It may too early in the game yet, but if anyone has any info to share, it would be appreciated.

The system would not let me upload a csv files, so I had to create a zip file. Advise if you have any issues reading the file after being unzipped.

Attachments

• G5 2TONE MD DE EXPORT.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 12

KB3PTP

Premium Subscriber
For those wondering the 2-Tone Protocol for NCC paging (453.300), use the following settings:

Choose: User Define, then change the following settings:
Tone 1 Duration: 1500 ms
Gap 1 Duration: 0 ms
Tone 2 Duration: 1300 ms
Gap 2 Duration: 0 ms
Long Tone Duration: 8000 ms
Long Tone Gap: 0
Long Tone RX Timeout: 5000 ms
Rx Timeout: 3500 ms
Signaling Activity Timout: 200 ms
Signal Detect Wait Time: 400 ms